Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Performance Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RMW Revised Tune R56

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RMW Revised Tune R56
    Posted: May/19/10 at 2:05pm
For anybody with an R56 that's sitting on the fence about getting their car tuned-----------DON"T WAIT.

Had a dyno tune by Jan-RMW and thought it was great. Had purchased the remote tuning tool but never did anything with it. Jan saw the video I posted from track days and emailed me stating he has something for me.

Finally got over my "puter fear" and set it up, emailed the existing file, and just flashed the revised file about 1 hour ago. Really it's a piece of cake, even for an old guy like me!

OMG!!! Boost is HUGE. Lucky to get 17 maybe 18 if I MASHED THE THROTTLE and coditions were rightBig smile. Boost would come on routinely if I went after it. Now, saw 19 maybe 20 PSI with full throttle. Just ask politely with your right foot and she'll boost right up. WooHoo

Had become accustomed to the torque steer, but have to pay attention again.

Idle hunts a bit, as if a high lift cam were installed.

Car feels just amazing!!!! Remember this is only a 1.6 liter forced induction LITTLE CAR.

Can't stop smiling--------------it's like getting a new car!Big smile

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
 Post Reply Post Reply