Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rota RB Wheels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/10 at 5:35am
Jack:

Yep, I do the same thing with the levers and buttons that Mini provides.   My old TR-4a IRS weighed about the same with the same HP and that stick shift did waaay more to slow ones forward movement!

I was trying to catch Brenda and Steve weaving through the mountains on our Penticton trip and I found myself not being able to downshift to slow the car fast enough.  She never hit her brake pedal so no lights and I was puzzled until I asked her.  She was using the E brake, so her 1st Gen auto and my 2nd Gen auto were not up to the braking that we were trying to do with the tranny.  I could see over revving in an attempt to use the auto trans to do anymore than accelerate.  It can get pretty messy when parts fly through the side of the engine block.  On motorcycles I have had my ankles soaked with hot oil, sort of like being marinaded...

I do use the pre-warming of the brakes prior to long grades just to ensure that I still have brakes.

John, which pads and fluid would you recommend?

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - November/17/10 at 6:24am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/10 at 10:57am
Hawk HPS and motul
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/10 at 11:03am
Thanks John!

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/10 at 11:23am
S:

No Problem, I did not check for r56 but they should have them.

J
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/10 at 12:30am
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I've run Rota's on several of my previous cars and never had a problem with them. They are light and strong as far as I know. 
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12