Topic ClosedSCCA autocross in Packwood this weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCCA autocross in Packwood this weekend
    Posted: April/15/08 at 8:05am
Is anyone considering the autocross in Packwood this weekend? It looks like it is both Saturday and Sunday (both days are not required). I am trying to see if I might swing one of the days.

Actually it looks like Saturday is prosolo and Sunday is the open. Stock classes run in the afternoon. Novice Stock in the morning.
http://www.nwr-scca.org/solo/nextevent.htm

Edited by garumph - April/15/08 at 8:09am
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
motoring View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/08 at 8:54am
I'll be there for the weekend.

the ProSolo on Saturday is a blast.  combine drag racing and autocross and you get prosolo. 
Christmas tree start, side by side mirror image courses, first one back wins...   not exactly, but you get the idea.     You get 8 runs, 4 on each side.  Add your best right side to your best left side, to get your best combined time.

It is not tremendously novice friendly, since it is a skilled labor intensive event, most of the instructor types will be busy. but if you have the general idea of an autocross, you can figure out the details.  It runs all day, so you have to be there for AM registration, and not any later than 7:30 since you have 2 courses to walk.

On sunday, since this is only event 2 (and you can only be a novice for 3 events) I would recommend jumping straight into a class.  Since noe of you have race tires, that would be the street tire class.  For those with pulleys, your index would be Street Mod (unless you have the full jcw package, then DSP).   Gordon you would be HS.   Street tire class runs in the afternoon.

Here is a link to the site, since two fo the alternate routes to the site are still closed (including the shortest one)  http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...4&ie=UTF8&z=10

Edited by motoring - April/15/08 at 8:58am
Keith
02 IB/W MC with the really big checkered flag on top - GONE
07 MY/B MCS with some sort of stripes or something
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/08 at 10:10am
The prosolo event seems really cool from your description. Can't make mornings this weekend but may try to find my way down in the afternoon to take a look at the runs.

If I can make it, hope to see some Mini's.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
 Post Reply Post Reply