Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Autocross Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

so i'm a new autocross adict...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so i'm a new autocross adict...
    Posted: February/16/09 at 5:00am
i went to the practice ad bremerton motor sports park. yesterday feb 15th and i saw 2 minis leaving the event. a little bummed that i missed seeing what they were running. being that it was my first event and that my BRG mini cooper is completely stock and an automatic i still ran a 68.35 in the rain. i definately had a BLAST!!! and am planning on being there for both the morning session and the afternoon session next sunday FEB 22. if anyone has any suggestions on setup or anything i should do with my car to make it faster.

thank you for anyone who has any help to offer!

Jesse
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/09 at 6:56am
Jesse,

Sorry I missed you (I didn't see you coming in). I had to get home for a b-day party but have to admit I was glad to get done before the rain started. It was COLD there that morning. Dean Prince (Mini Charley) and I were there for the morning session. We ran the novice group last year and have now graduated to the competetive category. It was a blast and the MINIs were the hot item yesterday. My runs came in between 54-57 seconds (best run was a 54 second clean run). Felt pretty good since I was still running my all-season tires and had a passenger. We will look forward to seeing you at the next event. I'll definitely be there!

Oh and I'd be glad to talk setup with you. Just PM me with any questions. I'm by no means an expert but have some experience now to share.

Edited by Wildfamily - February/16/09 at 6:57am
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 10:54am
I am planning on heading down this next Sunday, Jesse has talked me into it!
I am excited!
06 MCS R53, PW/PW, Anthracite, CLI, PP, SP, CWP, XHL, LSD, OBC, MFSW, 17" S-Lites, RFL, HK, Driving Lamps

~~ Nicole
SNACHburger View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 11:16am

SWEET!!!! you going to be there for the morning session or afternoon?

SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 11:40am
Not sure yet. I don't think I am doing anything on Sat. night so I will be able to get up early on Sunday. What time is good to get there for the morning session?
06 MCS R53, PW/PW, Anthracite, CLI, PP, SP, CWP, XHL, LSD, OBC, MFSW, 17" S-Lites, RFL, HK, Driving Lamps

~~ Nicole
CosmicTraveler View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 12:56pm
Look out track rats!  Another lady on the loose.  The gals in my proformance driving class didn't hold anything back once the afternoon session started and they were free to hit the gas.
   Take It Easy ... Buck

'06 MCS JCW CR/CR
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 11:04pm
Cool Niclole. Glad you are giving it a try. You'll like it!
'80 Mini English White
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 11:38pm
registration starts aty 7am and goes for an hour. so around 7:30 at the latest would be good. and then they do a drivers meeting then they let you walk the track so you know where you are going when you get out there. then reg starts at i think 10 for the afternoon session. i can't wait to see at least one other mini there.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/09 at 11:41pm
oh and make sure all the loose stuff is out of your car before you go or bring some sort of water proof container to put everything in. because it has to be empty for the tech inspection.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/09 at 1:31am
if you guys don't mind me asking, what tires do you guys run for auto x, and for normal driving?
SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/09 at 2:31am
I am not going to get down there until around 10:00...
I would have to get up way too early to be there for the morning session.

Jessie I have your number and I will call you if anything changes.
My cell is 360-808-6075 if anything changes for you.

Oh and I got a helmet this morning!!!!

~~ Nicole
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/09 at 3:30am
sweet! i'm thinking about just going to the afternoon session too. my girl friend and her daughter are coming with along with the dogs. so it should be a fun afternoon.
motoring View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motoring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/09 at 12:17pm
So did you have fun?
Keith
02 IB/W MC with the really big checkered flag on top - GONE
07 MY/B MCS with some sort of stripes or something
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/09 at 12:22pm
Jesse,

I talked with Mitch (Hipcheck) at the coffee meetup on Saturday and he is going to try and get out to the autocross in his Cooper in April. He has a really nicely modified MC with the CVT like yours. Might be fun to trade notes with him if you can make it out to the same event.
'80 Mini English White
SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/09 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by motoring motoring wrote:

So did you have fun?

Keith I had SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! Thank you!!!
You are a FANTASTIC coach and an AMAZING driver!!!!
I can't wait for next time!

~~ Nicole
SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/09 at 1:20pm

~~ Nicole
SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/09 at 1:24pm
Here is a shot I got of Jesse during his run...

~~ Nicole
YakiMini View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakiMini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/09 at 2:00pm
Lucky!
We got rained/sleeted out today :-(
On my drive back I saw 3 cars flipped with I think 1 fatality Cry

Edited by YakiMini - February/22/09 at 2:00pm
MINI-less... If God allows, I will have one again some day. :D
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/09 at 3:19am
lol it looks like i'm out in the middle of no where. which station were you at? i can't wait to get my extra set of wheels painted!! thank you soo much for that picture Nicole!! it looks like i was fast even though i wasn't lol. and i don't see anyone in my car so that must have been my first run.
and thank you Kieth! i had a blast again! and thank you for your insight! i'll be working on those tips you gave my untill i can get out there again!! 
SELENE View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SELENE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/09 at 11:29am
Originally posted by SNACHburger SNACHburger wrote:

lol it looks like i'm out in the middle of no where. which station were you at? i can't wait to get my extra set of wheels painted!! thank you soo much for that picture Nicole!! it looks like i was fast even though i wasn't lol. and i don't see anyone in my car so that must have been my first run.
and thank you Kieth! i had a blast again! and thank you for your insight! i'll be working on those tips you gave my untill i can get out there again!! 

I was by the last gate, before the last slalom and the c-cup...
And it was your first run because I kinda got busted for taking the picture and did not want to risk taking anymore... 

~~ Nicole
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/09 at 12:34pm
sweet! thats cool. thank you for at least taking one. i forgot about my cameras in the rush to get my girl and her daughter out the door so i could get there on time. so she got a couple with her phone but they didn't turn out very well. :(
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/09 at 1:43pm
Glad to hear you all had a good time. Looking forward to running with you at the next event!
'80 Mini English White
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/09 at 11:22pm
hey so who all is planning to be at this sunday's event?
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/09 at 11:33pm
I'll won't be making this weekends event but will be at the opener for BSCC on the 15th. Just installed my camber plates so looking forward to testing them out a bit on the track!
'80 Mini English White
motoring View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motoring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/09 at 1:26am
Raises hand   Drive
Keith
02 IB/W MC with the really big checkered flag on top - GONE
07 MY/B MCS with some sort of stripes or something
phydeaux View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phydeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/09 at 2:08am
Hmmm, March 15th...  I'll have to start working on Deanne now.  Remind me when registration starts?  Is it 7:30?

Mod list '05 DS/B MCS
WA plate "2AAREQD"
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNACHburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/09 at 3:10am
yes am session reg is at 7:30am afternoon session reg is at 11:30 i'll be there for the afternoon session. hope to see more of you there this time than last time. i won't be able to make the 15th because duty. so hope it goes well for those of you who can make it!
Jesse
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/09 at 3:40am
Hope to see you there on the 15th Eric. Registration is opens at 7:30 for the AM sessions (you can pre-register on-line at BSCC but still need to check in and get your work assignments and run group).
'80 Mini English White
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/09 at 4:34am
I'll be there next weekend. Looks like ST1 runs second in the afternoon.
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/09 at 4:40am
Did you all get this from Mini Mania?
http://new.minimania.com/ArticleV.cfm?displayid=2317

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>