Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > How To Do It
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So what is it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So what is it?
    Posted: August/24/14 at 6:20pm
I was working under the hood of my 2011 MCSa and noticed a couple of things that I had not seen before.  I am not sure if it has something to do with a factory recall or mod that MINI NW did but it sure does not look like it would come from the factory this way.

I first spotted the hose clip on the air box with nothing in the clip, then I looked further.  I spotted a hose barb with nothing on it and then further looking I spotted a hose, much lower in the engine compartment that went nowhere!

Any ideas???

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
racingbmwm3 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingbmwm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/14 at 11:32am
Hose going nowhere is likely a vent for your automatic transmission.  No ideas on the other two items.  Next to your mysterious hose barb, I see a broken wiring connector, you should get that fixed, else that wire will get sawed through by the sharp plastic!
'05 Cooper, BRG, Aerokit, Sport Package, 135k
'89 325iX, Diamondblack, 270k
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/14 at 11:38am
I spotted that and I suspect it happened when NW MINI replaced a wiring loom that was soaked with oil from a leaking seal, all a warranty/recall issue.

The hose that goes nowhere appear to have had things on them at one point in time.  The hose down by the transmission still has the stretched out part of the hose indicating that it WAS attached to something once.

When I get the radiator hooked back up after this Hotlink install I will take it back to NW MINI and ask questions.

Thank you for the reply :-)

Edited by SMOG - August/25/14 at 1:32pm
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply