Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Service Discussions and Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SouthLake European! - class act

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramandanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SouthLake European! - class act
    Posted: October/24/12 at 5:18pm

First of all, I am new to mini ownership. This forum has been great and so many good folks ready to help and tightly knit. It is just amazing! Psmini is about the best bunch I have ever seen.....

I also want to share my experience with Southlake European. I had stopped by to meet Derek (Who is active member and sponsor here) and had a chat with him a week back. We talked and BS'd for a bit and it was a pleasant conversation.

My first impression of the shop was that it was clean, professional and very friendly 

I had him quote me for a catback install (which was very fair quote) and had mentioned that I wanted to paint my calipers as I was talking to him and he mentioned he dint mind me stopping by to paint it in his place while he installs the catback...now that was nice of him ..yea?

well...he actually went ahead and painted it for me himself...Chakra is in his shop right now and he had spent atleast 4+ hours cleaning and removing the calipers to paint it! ..

I offered to pay but he refused and wanted to stand by his promise. 

It is so nice to see a local shop with knowledeable folks, fair prices and friendly service and the extra mile to just help people out.

I cannot wait to get my car back with the new catback and painted calipers!...

Derek, Thanks a bunch! I know chakra will be in good hands in the future.

Edited post to remove dates from events calendar.

Edited by catlvr2 - November/27/12 at 8:14pm
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/12 at 6:18pm
Congrats on the great-looking painted calipers Thumbs Up   WAY TO Go, Derek and SLE!  Clap
South Lake European View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote South Lake European Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/12 at 1:34pm
Final coat just went on the fronts...rears are next then the picaso will be complete  :P   They look great!   Maybe it's time to do my ratty looking calipers on our shuttle car.
Derek Simonsen
Owner-- South Lake European
205 Rainier Ave S
Renton, WA 98057
425-276-5668
www.southlakeeuropean.com
http://www.facebook.com/SouthLakeEuropean
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/12 at 1:54pm
Nordstrom has understood this concept for years.  I'm just surprised that more businesses don't figure out that the returns on superior service vastly exceed the cost.  

One simply cannot pay for this sort of good advertising.

Well done.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/12 at 6:36pm
Bravo to SLE
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/12 at 9:01pm
Mmm... shiny.
ramandanu View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramandanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/12 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Rob N Rob N wrote:

Nordstrom has understood this concept for years.  I'm just surprised that more businesses don't figure out that the returns on superior service vastly exceed the cost.  

One simply cannot pay for this sort of good advertising.

Well done.
I completely agree! I am on the services side myself at my work and this is so true from what I have learnt!.
I picked up my car today, I couldnt help rev the car just to hear the smooth low growl... It is just so nice... the calipers are nice shiny and smooth... will post pictures this weekend after we get through work chaos...
Derek, hope your tooth pain gets well soon :).
 Post Reply Post Reply