FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpiff tip o-the-weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spiff tip o-the-weekend
    Posted: March/05/05 at 5:14am

With our harsh and raniny winter we've been having, it's been tough to keep our cars clean. (yes I'm being sarcastic)

Here's a little Winter clean up tip.  Go down and get a semi-cheap spray on wax.  I used the cheapest McGuire's "Instant protectant" it's in one of the maroon bottles.  Next time you wash, and after you've rinsed, spray down the car with the wax.  Use a towel to wipe the car down.  Let the towel get completly wet from the wax and water.  Keep wiping until the wax smooths out.  If you just towel off once and leave it, you will get massive streaks if you dry it completly you're wiping off the wax.  After that, get a dry micor-fiber or cotton towel and buff until it shines like new.  If you have spots that need a touch up you can just re-spray where needed.

This only takes a few extra minutes and protects your car until you can do a thurough job in the Spring.  I know there are products specificaly designed to do what I'm talking about, however I find them expensive for what they are and don't protect as well.

MINIACK

Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/05 at 9:32am

I meant to ask you on the Renton drive, what products do you use for the shine.  I'm not talking about getting the paint right but the wax products etc. 

Your car sparkled the other day.

Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Miniack View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/05 at 10:07am

I used to be strickly a Griot's guy, but I have discoverd Klasse and I only use some of the Griot's products now. 

Some of my favorites now are...

Simple Green for wheels engine and door jambs.

Klasse - All in One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Griot's - Interior cleaner, Rubber cleaner, Speed Shine, Best of show wax, Rubber and Vynal dressing.

McGuire's Gold Metal car shampoo

Any glass cleaner from a airasol can with no amonia for the interior windows. (I have tint)

Any glass cleaner from a spray for the exterior windows.

Micro-fiber, Micro-fiber , Micro-fiber the thicker the better.

I can't live without my Porter Cable DA

I have many other products that I've tried, some I like, and some arn't worth the cost vs. performance.  I could go on and on.  If you have any specific questions go ahead and ask.  Just remember when it comes to car detailing products, some opinions are just that... An opinion.

MINIACK

Post Reply Post Reply