Forum Home Forum Home > Autocross and Racing > Racing Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spokane Raceway Reconfiguration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spokane Raceway Reconfiguration
    Posted: November/07/10 at 8:23pm
The reconfiguration is underway. Bulldozers and backhoes are currently moving dirt through the old paddock, shaping the new crossover to where the course will meet the front straight after the drag timing boards. The shoulders were dug up for curbing a few weeks ago.

Here's the best drawing of the SCR track reconfiguration I've seen. New hairpin before turn 8, then some mild curves on its way back to the front straight.

'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/10 at 8:38pm
very nice, looke like they are putting time into the oval too.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/10 at 8:46pm

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/10 at 8:52pm

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/10 at 9:13pm
Wow, interesting read. So are they shortening the road course straightaway? 
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/10 at 5:32pm
The front straight was way too long.  Plant your foot coming out of T-10, reach down and open your lunch box, eat your sandwich, have a drink and then clean up a bit before thinking about braking.  Way too long.

I really like the look of the new bits.  Looks like you could have a lot of different configurations.  Every one looks like it would be fun!  Now maybe they will pave over the potholes in the entrance and make it look like something other than a turnaround when lost...

2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/10 at 5:42pm
What an entertaining description. I agree. If I'm burning fuel, might as well have some fun and challenge in the corners doing it. 
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/10 at 12:27am
no more 165 to 180 mph front straights Disapprove

D///Mill View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D///Mill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/10 at 5:26pm
Gee ... Look who's posting! Big smile 

Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

no more 165 to 180 mph front straights Disapprove
What to you got in that Mini of yours?! Wink

I really like what SRP is doing.  Give more options for track layouts.  I agree that the front straight was a bit long and a real brake test.  It's been awhile since I've driven Spokane (at least 3 years).  Hope to do that in 2011, besides heading south to CA.
Doug Mill - Bellevue   "Does anyone wanna race?" ;)
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/10 at 5:39pm
Hiya, Doug:

John exaggerates for me, tongue fully in cheek.  I've always been a little pissy about the gearing in the JCW box.  I'm pretty much redlined in 6th at 130.  So you are safe on the front straights.  But nowhere else...

I hope they have the track done.  I am really excited about this.  I have liked our treks over.  Hopefully we can get a group of cars going again.  And Doug - you can come with us with your mini-bmw.

Good to see you on the boards here!

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/10 at 7:25pm
Conference is going to be having a triple-race weekend there this summer. That should be kick! Will will see if the E30 can handle 3 days in the heat...hell I might have blown the engine by then anyway. LOL
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/10 at 8:38pm
Hey Doug - visit us more then every once every 6 months - some good info and fun people hang out here!

(Doug, Larry Adres and I worked in the same group at Boeing for a while) 

And how about posting a picture of the '57 with the hood up?
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

D///Mill View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D///Mill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/10 at 10:45am
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

(snip)And how about posting a picture of the '57 with the hood up?
Definitely "Off Topic" for you guys, but as long as Jack asked ... here's a shot of the '57's 408ci small block. Since this photo, some better heads and a 3-inch exhaust has been added, along with some Hooker "Super Comp" headers.

With approx. 550hp at the motor, my '57 has a best-to-date of 11.38 at 118.6 thru the quarter.  For more stats you can check it out here on DragTimes ... DROP me a vote while you're there!  (Thanks in advance!)

To see it in action, go here to see my son, Brian, making an 11.46 pass at 117 ... He loved it!

Now back to your regularly scheduled ("Mini') programs ... Wink

Doug Mill - Bellevue   "Does anyone wanna race?" ;)
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/10 at 12:51pm
Interesting how the two exhaust pipes are tied together. That is just for support, right? There is no airflow between the two pipes?
D///Mill View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D///Mill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/10 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Interesting how the two exhaust pipes are tied together. That is just for support, right? There is no airflow between the two pipes?
Kurt ... No, it's not just for support.  There is a performance gain by running an "H" tube (some install an "X" tube), since it balances the exhaust pulses for a better scavenging of the exhaust.  It also mellows the exhaust note a bit, too. FYI
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/10 at 5:55pm
Interesting. I would have thought that it would introduce turbulence, but experience knows best obviously. 
 Post Reply Post Reply