Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Eastside - Bellevue Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted Lic plate "MINIME"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotted Lic plate "MINIME"
    Posted: December/06/12 at 3:52pm
Spotted a red mini with white bonnet stripes in east redmond. Waiting in line at an elementary school. Had MINIME Lic plates
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/12 at 3:56pm
They took my plate! Haha just kidding..Genie has pointed that car out to me! My plate is MINI-ME
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/13 at 6:26pm
Whoever owns this MINI--I received your Good To Go bill in the mail! I was wondering why I was charged $20 when I haven't crossed 520 since buying my MINI, and then I realized. They had the plates mixed up...Angry
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/13 at 7:30pm
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/13 at 8:30pm
Pat, I'm not sure what you wanted to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/13 at 4:38am
Originally posted by CINIMIN CINIMIN wrote:

Pat, I'm not sure what you wanted to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it...

LOLClapWave
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/13 at 7:25am
Originally posted by shasti212 shasti212 wrote:

Whoever owns this MINI--I received your Good To Go bill in the mail! I was wondering why I was charged $20 when I haven't crossed 520 since buying my MINI, and then I realized. They had the plates mixed up...Angry

Ashley, call the phone number on the notice. They photograph the license plates, so you can prove it's not yours. We got a bill in error on our VW Bug. We called and they realized when they viewed the photo that it was an error and dropped the bill.

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/13 at 8:58am
I filled out the dispute form and sent it in explaining things. I should have called-probably would have been more effective

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/13 at 10:04am
You should be fine with the dispute form. It's so clearly a case of mistaken identity and it seems easy to prove it wasn't your license plate - shouldn't be any probllem. Guess the mysterious MINIME will have his tolls catching up with him soon.

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/13 at 5:04pm
Well my dispute form was rejected...

I am shaking with anger.

I call up and explain the situation, and the lady gives me a snippy little attitude saying "Well we have some beautiful pictures of your license plate.." And I come back with "OH really? And do these pictures show a MINI HYPHEN ME? Or does it run together as one word? Because my car reads MINI-ME. There is a MINI with the plate that reads as one word MINIME who actually lives in Redmond."

She says "Oh....yes that must be what happened."

*face palm*

So she asked me to send photos of my plate and a copy of my registration. Well the problem is that my registration reads MINIME (this whole time I thought they just don't put dashes on there). So apparently now I STILL will have to pay money to now get my registration fixed. She said if this other person gets into trouble, it will all come back to me.

Angry

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/13 at 5:52pm
You shouldn't pay the 520 bridge toll and you shouldn't pay to get your registration fixed.  The DMV sent out your plate and your registration with different information.  They should fix it for free.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 7:12am
A State Senator should get involved in this because you are paying for the roads, over which the Senate presides in so  fashion, and the Senators work for you.  Get them busy...

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 10:54am
That makes me ANGRY for you!  I agree that you should NOT have to pay to have your registration fixed. It is their clerical error in issuing a registration that doesn't match the plate they issued. They've created the problem between the two plates by issuing your registration incorrectly - they have registrations out there with duplicate plate descriptions, even though the physical plates are different. They need to fix it.

And, it is really annoying for her to say that if MINIME gets in further trouble, it will come back to you! Why is none of this going to MINIME in the first place?  I don't get her reasoning there - sounds like more attitude. You brought their clerical error to light, now they should fix it and it shouldn't be your problem or expense.

I assume you were talking to the "Good to Go" office. I wonder if you called the DOL in Olympia and explained the problem to them, if they would issue you a correct registration without charge. Or, you may have the option to go to the downtown Seattle location and have them do it. At any rate, It would tick me off terribly to have to pay for their mistake. They need to re-issue the correct registration to match the plate - FREE of charge.

Of course, having said all of that, we all know these people want every red cent from us, so I wouldn't be surprised if they charge you to fix their error.  But, fight it!

OK, I've ranted Angry

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 11:19am
Good Rant Genie B!  There must be somebody in Olympia who is not so isolated that they could see this as an issue that needs to be fixed - not just because of the cost but because of accountability and acknowledging a mistake that was made by the State...
Jack -

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 11:36am
Jack,
I really admire how calm and concise your reply is.    
I got my little wet hen feathers all in a twistAngry

Ashley, You Go Girl!

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 12:29pm
Well I called the licensing office that I get my registration and tabs from. They could not help me....

They said a registration will not show a hyphen in a plate and they cannot find a record of the other car. This is making me think the other MINI has an illegal plate. The guy from the DOL office told me to call Olympia (which will have to wait until Tuesday..)

I will be telling them I will not pay a dime to fix this mess. I am so livid. I may have to get a new plate..

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 1:10pm
Just called another office, and found the other person is using that plate illegally. They may have had the plate before me, and kept the old one...which doesn't belong to them anymore. The only way it can be fixed is if we can hunt down the other people..

Thankfully Genie sent me a pic of that plate from the Triple X Show! I wonder if she can zoom in on the original picture to read the tab number.

Anyone have a list of all Triple X Show attendees?

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 2:14pm
This probably is not the person of interest, but there was a registered user on the forum "mini me".

Jack -

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 2:16pm
Thanks Jack. I will research this person to see what I find out..could very well be the one

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 2:19pm
found another one "minimne"  but no other info available

Jack -

Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/13 at 3:26pm
Ashley,
Original photo found with clearly-read tab number. PM sent.

The plot thickens!

Kirby11 View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/13 at 10:13am
Well, this has taken an interesting turn.  I'm seeing a plot for a new show, CSI: PSMini.  Popcorn

but seriously, I sure hope DOL or maybe even WSP can help you fix this mess. What a nightmare. 
2011 LB/W MCS "PINTSZE" (*SOLD*)
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/13 at 9:31am
Go get em, Ashley!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 12:12pm
Update! After a huge run around, someone from DOL got back to me. After looking into the other cars tab number he found it is issued to a 2006 cooper with plate MINIEME. Well their plate doesnt account for that extra E...so I sent the photo to them because it appears to be a misprint.

So the other mini is not bad. Someone at DOL goofed!

Kirby11 View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 12:20pm
That's great news!  What a freak thing that both of your plates don't match your registrations!  Will they be fixing your registration?  Does that mean you're closer to getting off the hook for the Good To Go charge too?  
2011 LB/W MCS "PINTSZE" (*SOLD*)
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 12:42pm
Another update! The plate person appreciated Genie's picture and said in fact it was a misprint and they have ordered new plates and a temp plate for the other driver, who was issued those plates in August 2011. He thanked me for helping to solve the "minime mystery"! Thankfully I can now sleep
well!

Edited by shasti212 - January/25/13 at 12:47pm

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 12:44pm
Oh and goodtogo waived the bill.

My registration matches, hyphens are not included or spaces..it all runs together. So it is just the other person's plate that was the culprit

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 4:25pm
Does the mystery plate have a space between MINI and ME?  Consider their real plate, as it was/should have been issued:

Then consider what happens if you paint out the middle "E"

You should take a close look at that picture from Genie B.  I suspect some plate tampering on their part.

Acme license plate maker is fun.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 4:33pm
Wow!  Plate hacking...

shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/13 at 5:04pm
Haha. It actually runs all together as one word. So DOL is at fault!

I do wonder after all this time why the driver didnt see and report that his plate and registration didnt match....maybe thought minime was way cooler?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>