Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Seattle Area Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted: MiniCharley?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotted: MiniCharley?
    Posted: January/27/12 at 1:13pm
Can anybody confirm that this is MiniCharley?  I've had a hard time finding a good picture on here to compare it to.  I spotted it at Seattle MINI this morning when I went for wiper blades and oil.  No graphics, but the wheels are right and the tires are Dunlops.  Lapis Blue interior with sport seats.  Also, it's an '04.  I also took a picture of the VIN if Dean or Belinda want to confirm.  I was under the impression that they were going to wholesale it but maybe they decided to put a new clutch in and sell it.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 1:57pm
It's not Charley...    I found him. They did wholesale him and he is now for sale at European Motors on Aurora. He is on their website going for 12k. There is no denying it's him... They left his helicopter pad on the roof and the motoring badge I forgot to take off his grill.   He looks good. He looks happy, just waiting for someone new to drive him home.

The best part is, in the photo of his engine, they also left his "eyes" on. :)   If I were just looking for a mini for the first time... I'd completey fall in love with him and those big blue eyes!!   He's an AWESOME car with tons of mods... If you know anyone who is looking... I'd say pick him up today!!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 4:17pm
Since they don't know who you are, you should go and take him for a test drive to see if they put a new clutch in it.  And then switch your badge for a generic club badge.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 4:33pm
You're a thinker, Clark!!!   I like it, might just have to do that.. :)
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 6:45pm
I may have to test drive an R53 S 6-speed sometime at one of the dealers. I am not in the market for a car right now (an XJ Cherokee for the winter/skiing is the next vehicle I'll buy) but since so many posters on NAM rave about the things, I want to take one for a spin.
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 10:00pm
I must say.... The one thing I miss most about Charley is his super charger..   I'm not a fan of the turbos..
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 10:02pm
My plan is to never sell my R53 if I possibly can. I hear far too many wistful comments from the people who have. 

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by swpars swpars wrote:

I may have to test drive an R53 S 6-speed sometime at one of the dealers. I am not in the market for a car right now (an XJ Cherokee for the winter/skiing is the next vehicle I'll buy) but since so many posters on NAM rave about the things, I want to take one for a spin.

After doing that, come for a ride in CORNERS for an example what can be done to make these great performance cars have even better performance! 
swpars View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/12 at 11:16pm
Kurt, I may very well have to take you up on that if I see you at an event sometime.
'12 Mini Cooper 6AT
'04 BMW 330i 6MT

valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/12 at 1:04pm
I checked yesterday (2/17/12) and MiniCharley is still for sale.  The description indicates that a new clutch has been installed, so it should make a great car for the lucky new owner!

Bruce

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/12 at 1:24pm
That is sad that it is taking so long? 
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/12 at 3:58pm
We left all the mods on him, so it really is a good deal!!!   Hmmm, might have to go take a look... Maybe we need to bring him home...
Our family:

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/12 at 4:34pm
Take him back!!! he's lonely and want's his family back
:)
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/12 at 12:32pm
I agree!  You need to bring him back home!  One of these days, he's gonna be a classic, you know. Big smile
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/12 at 7:18pm
I was talking with a friend of my wife who was thinking about a MINI and first thing in my mind was that she should buy Charlie... but her budget is not enough, unfortunately. 
 Post Reply Post Reply