Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional MINIs - MINI Sightings > Seattle Area Sightings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spotted: Red Bull MINI (that waved!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spotted: Red Bull MINI (that waved!)
    Posted: April/08/11 at 6:22pm
Elliott and I were down at Westwood Village picking up dinner this evening and spotted a Red Bull MINI in the parking lot.  It was backing out so we waited and allowed it to back out, and got a wave from the driver after we waved first!  Hard to tell if it was a professional, because I'm in a marked vehicle wave or an enthusiastic MINI wave, but we got one.  

Went home and looked these things up again (I'm fascinated by them) and found this:

Click around on their site- they have lots of pictures of them finished and some of them in the fabrication stage.  They basically disassemble the whole rear end after they cut the roof off.

Sure wish we could get one to visit the XXX car show in Issaquah.  I've tried contacting them for this but the contact information through the Red Bull site is kind of sketchy.

Bruce & Elliott WooHoo

ALSO: There's one for sale on Craigslist in Buffalo:

I just can't help myself:

Guess that's why they don't show up at our car show.  Most of us are or are practically parents of college students, not actual college students.  From reading the job description, that's their target market.  No visible staples, people!

Edited by valvashon - April/08/11 at 6:49pm
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/11 at 9:39pm
How cool!!!

I saw a good few of these before getting my MINI, but haven't seen any since
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
MiniCrazy09 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiniCrazy09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/11 at 11:07pm

Cool! A Red Bull MINI was at NW MINI on Tuesday...I had Bert in for service and saw it parked out front :)

My (Becky) Mini: Bert 2009 Mellow Yellow Mini Cooper S Plate: "MINION"
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/11 at 12:36am
They had a Red Bull MINI come to a MINI track day at Portland last year. We all got free Red Bull. 
All the red bull MINIs I've seen have been justacoopers. I wonder if they are automatics also. Nothing wrong with either of those of course. 
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/11 at 8:40am
"They" should send one to the XXX Show in Issaquah.  But then maybe those of you at the track day worked up a thirst and needed a Red Bull more than show participants would.

I think the company that does this made one "S", maybe as a prototype but the rest have been justacoopers with automatics as far as I have been able to tell.  Justas are cheaper, of course, and they choose automatics because their target employee to drive these things around are college age women.  I did see a picture of one that seemed to have boot hinges from a convertible, but I'm not sure how they could do this to a convertible as part of the roof they need is missing.

I noticed that they seem to spring for aftermarket wheels on all of these.  I wonder what they do with the piles of wheels, back windows, wipers, third brake lights...

Elliott wants one of these for his first car.  Or the Red Bull sidecar motorcycle.

Bruce

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
hip check View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hip check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/11 at 7:28pm
There are two at NW MINI now for service parked out back.  Interesting to look at up close.  I did not realize it till now, but the are Coopers (non-S).
Mitch & Teri
<font color=BLUE>2006 Cooper Checkmate[/COLOR]
<font color=RED>2013 JCW Countryman[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply