Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Interior and Exterior Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Third brake light flasher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Third brake light flasher
    Posted: January/31/15 at 2:51pm
I remember a few years back that someone was selling or had a link to a flasher you could add in-line to the third break light (flash 3x then constant on).

Anyone remember or can anyone direct me to a good product?

Thank you!
WAS...2003 CPR/B MCS 6spd 15% more fun and the MSD sparkers
SuperCoop View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperCoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/15 at 8:23pm
Here's one: http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/mini_cooper_brake_light_pulsar.html
Jason - '05 PS/B Cooper S, most packages, 17%, Brisk silver plugs, IE fixed camber plates & Craven STD's, Powerflex trans/dogbone mount poly inserts, 20mm Whiteline rear sway bar, SprintBooster.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/15 at 9:25pm
I have this one, it's pretty easy to install. 

Sixate View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sixate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/15 at 10:25am
Just make sure you test the fit with everything back inside the housing before you tap into the wiring.  I ended up having to splice in a short section of wire to be able to seal everything back up.  It is an easy install and an attention grabber for those behind you who sit way too high in an SUV or an Impala rolling on 24" wheels!

I have this one:
07 MCSa Laser Blue w/ checkboards everywhere
Transmission 6 speeds...Gas pedal 1 speed....Full Speed Ahead!
shermster View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shermster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/15 at 10:09am
That's awesome! Thank you!!!
WAS...2003 CPR/B MCS 6spd 15% more fun and the MSD sparkers
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/15 at 10:37pm
I believe that this product was designed and manufactured by former president Dave and his Gominigo.com store/website.  They no longer carry it but they sold the rights to this place:

http://www.coupeconcepts.com/index.htm

Where we got the one in Stacie's car.  Much cheaper than the other sites listed in this thread.  Easy install, I put a big piece of shrink wrap tubing on our two and that keeps it safe and insulated when you shove it in behind the brake light.

It really is a must for any MINI owner.  

Val

...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
 Post Reply Post Reply