Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussions > Tires and Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedthose run flats....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
Direct Link To This Post Topic: those run flats....
    Posted: March/18/07 at 8:42am
I've been wondering about those run flats myself.  I recently bought a new 2006 S from the dealer down in portland, and after dropping by my local Les Schwab--out here on the OLympic Peninsula--to rotate and check out my tire options, I suppose I've pretty much decided to put some miles on the run flats then switch to the highest quality conventional tires I can get.  I've not had a flat for probably 15 years anyway--and I suppose I can carry a can of that foam stuff (slime??) in case it does happen.  Is that what most owners do? 

I suppose I could also find room for a spare tire back there--but I'd rather not mess with a spare unless really necessary.  I'm just trying to figure out the best solution--and I assume all you long time owners have spent a lot more time thinking about this.   Any comments? 

Otherwise I sure like this little roller skate.  thanks.  paul
MINI-Rolls View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/07 at 9:17am

I have not had a flat in years also.....that said I purchased new tires for my daily driver and the first day I drove to the park and ride I had a flat when I got back after work.  Two weeks later another flat in a different tire.  I went back to discount tire for the fix each time but after the second flat I had them change all four again.....Have not had a flat since going on 8 months....

So new tires do not mean you will never get a flat.

Post Reply Post Reply