FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWARNING: SECURITY BREACH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: WARNING: SECURITY BREACH
    Posted: November/03/09 at 11:36am

As the Acting Webmaster for PSMini, it is my responsibility and obligation to notify the club members of a security breach.

There have been unauthorized changes to the content of our web pages.  We are investigating the scope and depth of these changes, and have corrected all that we have found to this moment.

I am sure there are lots of questions you have as members. I’ll try to give as much information as I can at this time without possibility of slander or interfering with any investigation effort.  Security measures are in place and have been effective to keep out outside hackers.  Access to our site content is restricted to those that are involved in maintaining the site.  We have reason to believe that the sabotaged content was made by someone with access rather than an outsider.  We know the date and time of the intrusion. The intent of the content change is evident also.  We will keep the club members up to date with any information when available.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT OUR CONTENT HAS BEEN COMPROMISED.  As a club citizen, be aware of the re-direction to another page, particularly outside PSMini.  Help us discover any issues found and Contact us if you notice or experience anything unusual. 

I have asked this post to be “locked down”.  Feel free to send any questions to the PSMini mail at psmini@psmini.org.  I can address bulk questions rather than waste your time with possible repeats.

Sorry for any and all inconvenience.

Edited by WOODSTOCK - January/22/10 at 4:24am
Charley's new Bro..."DBCoupe"
 Post Reply Post Reply