Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXXX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XXX
    Posted: September/23/12 at 7:15pm
HERE IZ A PIC UV OUR MC....<3
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/12 at 7:19pm
AND HER IZ A PIC UV OUR PREZIDENT...<3
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/12 at 7:22pm
AND HERE IZ THE ONE I WANT IN MY MINI....HA HE HA...<3
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/12 at 7:46pm
Fun Day - hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did.  Infact, driving to and from Everett / Issaquah and back was so much fun I did it twice (Ask Linda). 
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

BLUEDIA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLUEDIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/12 at 9:37pm
Brad & I had a great time today. Thanks Brenda & Steve for caravaning with us. Winning 3rd in Cabrio Class, a Detail job from Seattle MINI in the raffle & Brad says the best prize was the pack of mini Magnets that Peabody (John) gave him. Sure is fun to see all the MINI's. Last year drooling, this year owning!!! Thanks everyone, what a great group of people.
Dona & Brad
BLUEDIAMOND, BAGETTE & MINI Me 2016 Cooper S Roadster, R59
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/12 at 11:49pm
Lots of fun today - thanks for everyone who came out! We have an active club! 

I only got these photos in the morning when I brought CORNERS to the show. I couldn't drive him because I had a bunch of tables and a Cooper bicycle to deliver to the show that wouldn't fit. I'm also towing CORNERS to Spokane next week and wanted to do a shakedown drive. 

MINI - CORNERS being towed - 1

MINI - CORNERS being towed - 2MINI - CORNERS being towed - 4MINI - CORNERS being towed - 3

no.9 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 1:36am

Clap
<-- CJ - '04 Cooper
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 8:11am
Good seeing everyone at the show. I had my hands full with the boys but we had a nice time and it was a beautiful day for hanging out.
"Vader" and Vader

Andy giving "little" Gunnar an Elephant ride at XXX

Gunnar taking a litte break under the trees.

Andy taking a break under the trees

"Vader" with the hardware

The "Imperial March" to the podium...
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 10:28am
What a Great, Fun Show!!!  Thanks to EVERYONE who put this show together!  BowDownBowDownBowDown  Thanks to ALL of the Participants, and Congrats to ALL of the Award Winners!  Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up   Thanks to the weather man for smiling on it all!  Only wish I could have visited with everybody and looked at every car at least once more!

Great pics everyone. Here are some snaps from me:

It's Showtime!   WooHoo

OK  . . . er . . . ummm . . . I'm ready for my close-up

CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 11:34am
Great snaps Genie B - thanks for including Lucy in her MINI -

Congratulations to all the winners - and I include everyone who participated in the show in that group!

Thanks to our XXX hosts - they are the greatest people to work with to make this event happen every year!

Thanks to those who stuck around after the show to help with cleanup- and making sure we get invited back next year.

Thanks to Linda for giving me the opportunity to drive to Issaquah a second time and have dinner at the XXX!

Edited by CINIMIN - September/24/12 at 3:52pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

Grape Ape View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grape Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 11:46am
Great photos. Wish I could have been in the show but it was fun seeing everone again. Corners, if they fix the Grape Ape or I get another Mini, I want to know how you set up the towbar. I could tow the Mini behind the moterhome. That is cool.
Calvin & Brenda Doss

2005 Black eye Purple Cooper-S MODs Alta 15% pully, Mini Madness stage 2 competition clutch,Madness air intake,Polyurethane bushing kit,strut tower plates, MDS coil pack.
Rob N View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 2:43pm
Someday I will be able to do these things again.  Alice is starting to complain.

Great pix ans usual Genie B.
Rob, Vickie and Alice

COOPR-S

The question is, "When you turn on your car does it return the favor?"
Mecha View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mecha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 8:36pm
nice meeting those we had time to meet when we were there we will be doing more events with you all soon thanks
SOLD - 2011 MCS Hardtop Black with Red Accents "Sheldon

SOLD - 2011 MCS Convertible Horizon Blue
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 9:07pm
Fun times!!! (no surprise) I'm glad we had a good turnout and I'm thankful for those last minute entrants. It's always a joy to see the classic Minis. It would've been nice to see all those MINIs and Minis parked elsewhere entered in the car show. My hubby pointed that out and I was shocked how many were not showed. As far as I'm concerned, everyone who was part of the show is a winner. Kudos to all of you!

Thanks to all who came out and contributed to this event to make it successful. Calvin - I'm so glad you and Brenda came out despite being without Grape Ape. That's the way to show the MINI spirit! I feel truly honored to be a part of this wonderful MINI family.

Honesty, I debated whether to enter the show myself. Poor Hapa has been ignored since returning from AMVIV. I was NOT looking forward to the detailing job I had before me. I waited until the very last day to clean her in and out. I spent well over 5 hours detailing and that's even with help from my hubby Steve. I must say though... Once I get started on a detailing a MINI, it's hard to do a halfway job (much to my hubby's dismay).

Dona - It was a pleasure to caravan with you to the show. We'll have to get together for coffee or a meal sometime in the near future. We're practically neighbors!

Thanks to all who have posted pics. Keep them coming. Until next time...

Happy Motoring,
Brenda
(Hopefully this posted okay. I've wrote all this on my iPhone here at work!)

Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/12 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Grape Ape Grape Ape wrote:

Great photos. Wish I could have been in the show but it was fun seeing everone again. Corners, if they fix the Grape Ape or I get another Mini, I want to know how you set up the towbar. I could tow the Mini behind the moterhome. That is cool.

I just went quick and cheap, removing the bumper every time I need to attach the tow bar. But they do make custom brackets for the MINIs that allow you to do some minimal cutting to have a tow hitch attachment without removing the bumper. Those setups cost about 4 times as much. 
Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/12 at 8:42am
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

I just went quick and cheap, removing the bumper every time I need to attach the tow bar. But they do make custom brackets for the MINIs that allow you to do some minimal cutting to have a tow hitch attachment without removing the bumper. Those setups cost about 4 times as much. 

Kurt,

I didn't know flat towing a MINI was an option?!?!?! 

Todd
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/12 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Sanderskog Sanderskog wrote:

Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

Kurt,

I didn't know flat towing a MINI was an option?!?!?! 

Todd
Not officially, but it works just fine with a manual transmission MINI. All the RV crowd is doing it.
jrmc40 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrmc40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/12 at 9:11am
Well, I'm really sad I missed the show. I got put on a last minute watch sat at midnight to sun at noon. The military doesn't care about my mini's needs! lol. Here's the flyer i made for the show.

Would have been fun Cry. Hopefully i'll make it to the next one.

2004 R53 MCS MC40 #689/1000 Full/intact MC40 Pkg. Craven 17%, aFe CAI, Borla s-type and more.
Genie B View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/12 at 10:15am
That is a bummer you couldn't make it to the show, but there will be lots of other opportunities to join in.  Great display poster you did. Thumbs Up  Your passion for your MINI really shows!

Cheers!

Edited by Genie B - September/26/12 at 10:17am
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/12 at 3:48pm
Awesome, John!  We did miss you and I'll email your GB in the next few days.
WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
K9 LUVR View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9 LUVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/12 at 3:57pm
What a joy to go to the show!  All those MINIs I know Rosie had a good time.  Thanks also for all the nice comments on the embroidery designs.  I just love being a MINI owner and part of the MINI family..
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/12 at 12:31am
Sorry I am late getting over here, Thank You to everyone who helped put on the event and all of those that made it out to the show. Can't wait till next year.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply