Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Drive / Events Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBOTHELL 4TH OF JULY PARADE - Event Date: July/04/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: BOTHELL 4TH OF JULY PARADE
    Posted: May/09/12 at 7:01pm
    BOTHELL 4TH OF JULY PARADE 2012
THE PARADE STARTS @ 12:00 PM STAGEING IS @ 11:00 NO LATER THAN 11:30 PM THE STAGEING AREA IS THE SAME AS LAST YEAR @THE UW CAMPUS IN BOTHELL.

Well group I just rec'd the Registration Form for the Bothell 4th of July Parade the MAX car count per registry is 20 and we had that last year so I am claiming 20 MINIS to attend if we have more I will request another one PLEASE email me @ byrneakagumby@comcast.net so I can get a true count of how many MINIS will attendWooHooWooHooWooHoo

SO FAR HERE IS A LIST OF ATTENDIES FOR THE BOTHELL PARADE
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I GOT EVERYONE ON THE LIST OOR YOU WANT OFF THE LIST.

1. GUMBY LIVES
2. CORNERS
3. GROOVIE
4. LEOGETZ
5. SHASTI212  ?
6. SOCIALLY DISTORTED  ?
7. ITALIANJOB
8. LADYNRED
9. K9LUVR 
10.  MidLifeMini
11. GENIE B ?
12. HIP CHECK ? 
13. Jasper

I JUST GOT CONFIRMATION TODAY THAT WE R ALL IN AND I HAVE THE 20 WINDOW STICKERS 4 THE PARADE...1364-1379 PARKING SPACE ASSIGNMENT V-24
I WILL POST THE RULES TOMMOROW...WooHoo
WELL HERE IS TOMMOROW....

BOTHELL 4TH OF JULY PARADE RULES IT READS IN RED

NEW FOR 2012: CANDY AND OTHER OBJECTS MAY NOT BE THROWN FROM VEHICLES.
CANDY MAY BE HANDED OUT BY WALKERS ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS RULE MAY RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE PARADE.
Another one of the rules state,
Automobiles/Vehicles with Trailers prohibeted.FOR SAFETY, VEHICLES WITH TRAILERS MUST HAVE 4 MONITORS WALKING WITH UNIT.
There are other rules but these are the 2 most important to are group.
And just like last yearVehicles will be lining up at the University of Washington-Bothell, Cascadia Community College Campus....WooHooWooHooWooHoo

Edited by GUMBY LIVES - July/04/12 at 7:38am
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/12 at 7:33pm
If I do a parade on July 4, it will be this one. Do we have any more? 
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/12 at 8:37pm
I am all in for this one!!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
Socially Distorted View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Socially Distorted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/12 at 6:12pm
What's this parade all about?  First timer here.
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/12 at 9:44pm
We all clean up our cars and drive them real slow in the parade. Decorations are recommended but optional... 
The Bothell parade goes down Main St. which is a pretty narrow street, so you are close enough to the crowd to throw candy or even chat with people as you go by. 

It's a friendly crowd and it's nice to hear all the people making comments about all the MINIs. 

The more MINIs the better! 

leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/12 at 12:32pm
If there is still room...this new-comer to the club would love to participate. Now to get the wife to think of some creative decorations Ermm
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
CINIMIN View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/12 at 1:55pm
Somnething in Chili RED, Pepper WHITE, and Lightning BLUE Is always appropriate...
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

GUMBY LIVES View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/12 at 3:26am
WooHoo
Originally posted by Socially Distorted Socially Distorted wrote:

What's this parade all about?  First timer here.
IT'S ALL ABOUT OUR MINIS COME JOINWooHoo US
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY
'06'Astro Blk Met/Slver MC w/silver flames Sport Pkg HK stereo Magnaflo Exhaust Alta Lowering Kit"NOTPOKY" plates.

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/12 at 3:35am
Originally posted by leogetz leogetz wrote:

If there is still room...this new-comer to the club would love to participate. Now to get the wife to think of some creative decorations Ermm

RED WHITE & BLUE IZ THE THEME....WooHoo
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

LMNCELO View Drop Down
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Driving Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMNCELO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/12 at 1:28pm
Hi all,

Yay, parades all around. Bothell parade is in the morning, I think, or noonish, and we meet in Burien for the 3 o'clock parade there.   Maybe both.     ( yeah, if your car has wings......)

So, pick your parade. It's great to have choices, share your decoration ideas, and hope for a sunny, sunny day.

Also, for the Burien parade, I need to submit a few lines about our club for the announcers to read as we weave by. When was the club started, about how many members, stuff like that. I know for a fact that at least two cars were bought sight unseen from Florida, have others come from far--away places??   Who does or has owned the most MInis in their lifetime?    

And happy Mothers Day today. Get out there and enjoy some Vitamin D.

Gretchen
Gretchen and LMNCELO: 2005 liquid yellow MCS convertible
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/12 at 8:51pm

Well Gang I Just Entered PS MINI In The Bothell 4th Of July ParadeWooHoo

I Regitered MAX MINIS & 4 Walkers I Am Worried About The Burien 4th Of July Parade I Think With A Police Excort PS MINI Could Pull Off Both In 1 Day WE May Need 2 PS MINI BANNERS....Clap
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/12 at 12:07am
Originally posted by LMNCELO LMNCELO wrote:

Hi all,

Yay, parades all around. Bothell parade is in the morning, I think, or noonish, and we meet in Burien for the 3 o'clock parade there.   Maybe both.     ( yeah, if your car has wings......)

So, pick your parade. It's great to have choices, share your decoration ideas, and hope for a sunny, sunny day.

Also, for the Burien parade, I need to submit a few lines about our club for the announcers to read as we weave by. When was the club started, about how many members, stuff like that. I know for a fact that at least two cars were bought sight unseen from Florida, have others come from far--away places??   Who does or has owned the most MInis in their lifetime?    

And happy Mothers Day today. Get out there and enjoy some Vitamin D.

Gretchen

It would be great if we could make both parades, but not sure if I could pull it off. I'll try though... 

One thing to keep in mind about the Bothell parade... The route seemed to be significantly challenging on the clutches. If you have an automatic transmission then no problem, but my goodness... I smelled some burned clutches last year!! Pinch
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/12 at 9:19pm
WELL IF CUPCAKE IZ ALL 4 THE BURIEN 4TH OF JULY PARADE THEN SO IZ GUMBY LIVES AKA NOTPOKY PLEASE PUT ME ON THE LIST WooHooWooHooWooHoo
WE ALL NEED TO THINK THIS ONE OUT
I MAY BE ABLE TO ARRANGE US ALL MINIS IN THE FRONT OF THE BOTHELL PARADE
& LARRY AKA JOIDVE MAY ENTER US @ THE END OF THE BURIEN PARADE & WE COULD PULL OFF 2 PARADES & FIREWORKS OFF IN 1 DAYBowDown
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/12 at 9:34pm
WELL GROUP SINCE THIS AKA THE BOTHELL 4THE OF JULY PARADE IZ NOT AN EVENT I SAY WE ALL DO THE BURIEN 4TH OF JULY PARADE AND SKIP THE BOTHELL 1
 I <3 THE MINI WEAVE BowDown
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/12 at 7:22pm
should I peel the plastidip off? lol
My car is like superman!
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/12 at 9:00am
I'd be up for this Bothell parade!, but Burien is too far. 
Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/12 at 10:09am
Same here...Burien is a bit too far for me also
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shasti212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/12 at 10:20am
I will go to the Bothell one as long as there are enough MINIs to join me!
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/12 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by shasti212 shasti212 wrote:

I will go to the Bothell one as long as there are enough MINIs to join me!

THEY WILL COME...<3
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/12 at 9:50am
I might be able to bring my mini-MINI trailer and decorate it with some July 4 bits. Does anyone know the rules for having kids ride in a trailer? Do they need to be accompanied by an adult? I will be the only adult so I can't drive the car and ride in the trailer with the kids at the same time. Anyone want to ride in the trailer with my two kids? The trailer is about 3.5ft x 4ft in size with 2 foot high walls, so only room for maybe 2 adults and 2 kids at most. 

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/12 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by italianjob italianjob wrote:

should I peel the plastidip off? lol
My car is like superman!

NO DON'T GO NAKED JUST DO THE BOTHELL PARADE IN SUPERMAN COLORS......BowDown
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/12 at 8:16pm

THEN PLEASE JUST GO TO BOTHELL WE NEED 2 BANNERS IT IZ A HOOT AND THEY BOTH ARE ON BURIEN ^ BOTHELL 4TH OF JULY PARADES...WooHooWooHooWooHoo
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/12 at 8:18pm

YOU 2 SHOULD DO THE BOTHELL PARADE...MORE WILL COME WooHooWooHooWooHoo
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/12 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

I might be able to bring my mini-MINI trailer and decorate it with some July 4 bits. Does anyone know the rules for having kids ride in a trailer? Do they need to be accompanied by an adult? I will be the only adult so I can't drive the car and ride in the trailer with the kids at the same time. Anyone want to ride in the trailer with my two kids? The trailer is about 3.5ft x 4ft in size with 2 foot high walls, so only room for maybe 2 adults and 2 kids at most. 

CORNERS THE ONLY "RESTRICTIONS" ARE WALKERS YOU WILL BE GOOD AS THE ONLY ADULT INVOLVED THE KIDS IN THE TRAILER WILL BE WELCOMED AND ADMIRED ....<3WooHooWooHooWooHooWE NEED TO MERGE BOTH THE BURIEN AND BOTHELL 4TH OF JULY PARADE TO THE FORUMS EVENT CALLENDAR SECTION OF THIS FORUM SO WE CAN GET A TRUE COUNT OF WHO ALL WILL BE WHERE.....BowDownBowDownBowDown
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

K9 LUVR View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9 LUVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/12 at 5:41pm
What time does the Bothell parade run?  Got picnic plans at the neighbors but would love to get in the parade first.  And is my dog o.k.as long as he has his seat belt on too???? 
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/12 at 10:10am
Originally posted by K9 LUVR K9 LUVR wrote:

What time does the Bothell parade run?  Got picnic plans at the neighbors but would love to get in the parade first.  And is my dog o.k.as long as he has his seat belt on too???? 

THE BOTHELL PARADE STARTS @ 12:00 U NEED 2 BE THERE...

Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/12 at 11:04pm
If the parade starts at noon, what time should we meet at the preparation area? And what is location for that? We still have some time to go, but we'll need some details pretty soon. 

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/12 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by CORNERS CORNERS wrote:

If the parade starts at noon, what time should we meet at the preparation area? And what is location for that? We still have some time to go, but we'll need some details pretty soon. 

Well I'm pretty sure the stageing area is the same as last year I have not yet rec'd our entry in the mail I will go to the Bothell parks & rec office tommorow to see what's up...BowDown
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBY LIVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/12 at 10:12pm
DO TO MY AKA OUR EARLY REGISTRATION IN THE BOTHELL PARADE WE CAN PULL OFF BOTH PARADES I M GONNA TRY AKA DO IT ...<3WooHoo2 PARADES IN 1 DAY HA HE HA...WooHoo
Byrne Kelly Jr AKA GUMBY

K9 LUVR View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K9 LUVR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/12 at 2:02pm
As a first timer I am planning on meeting everyone at the Bothell parade.  Will be a real site to see all of the MINIs together, but can we get them to say "cheese" for the picture???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>