Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Charity Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWHAT PORSCHE IS SAYING!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT PORSCHE IS SAYING!!!
    Posted: November/29/10 at 11:39am
PORSCHE PRIDE! POPPYCOCK!

LET'S SHOW THEM MINI MIGHT!!!!!

Mini owners here's the latest from the Porsche Crowd:

Porsche Pride is at stake!

The Puget Sound Mini Club has issued a challenge to PNWR members to see which club can make the best showing and bring in the most $$$ and food donations for the Northwest Harvest Food Drive next Saturday, Dec. 4. They’ve even put together a cheeky video that claims we Porsche drivers are afraid to bring our cars out if winter weather even threatens (http://vimeo.com/17245616 ).

Please make plans to bring out your Porsche (rain OR shine) loaded with food and/or cash for Northwest Harvest. 

We need to make a good showing and not let our club be embarrassed by a bunch of little British cars! Help us make this a huge success!

If you are unable to join us on the day of the Food Drive you can drop off any nonperishable food at Park Place Motors in Bellevue from now until noon on Dec. 4.

Social Chairs Larry and Sherrel Nelson will be leading the caravan making our delivery to the Redmond Town Square drop-off station.

Meet:

Saturday, December 4, 1:00 p.m.

Marymoor Park – west side near the baseball field

Join them for a late lunch at the Redmond Coho Café after the delivery.

Please send them an email and let them know so that they can give the restaurant a headcount.

Email Larry at Diratlarge2@pnwr.org

Questions about the event: Contact Larry Nelson at Diratlarge2@pnwr.org or 425-432-8723

Full details about the challenge and what items Northwest Harvest really needs can be found on the PNWR web calendar here

WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY: "A BUNCH OF LITTLE BRITISH CARS!"

This is the latest email from our overconfident cousins.

We can't let these Porsche People intimidate us by their shear numbers! (2000 + members). Remember we have a BIGGER BOOT!!

NOW LET'S GET TOGETHER AT SEATTLE MINI AND SHOW THEM OUR MINIS ARE MIGHTY!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 11:50am
Shouldn't this be in another Thread?

As if by a miracle we end up with more cars then we should consider changing our club logo to Mighty Mouse, or a slight variation thereof as to not ruffle Copyright feathers.

It might not be a bad idea in any case.

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - November/29/10 at 11:51am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
DneprDave View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DneprDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 11:53am
I like the Mighty Mouse idea. If someone complains about copyright, just remove it.
I don't think anyone would complain.

Dave
Chili red/ Black roof 2010 Clubman S automatic transmission.

Shadetree mechanic
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 11:59am
If you took this photo, put a Union Jack Cap on Mighty Mouse, and had the text "MINI" on his chest, I think it would be a winner!

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:02pm
How many places do we  have that are collection points for food drop-offs besides Seattle MINI? Is Northwest MINI collecting as well? I wish there was a MINI dealership in Bellingham or Burlington!

Carole
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:05pm
Not sure, but I do know that Mini Corporate could sell many more Mini's if there were more Dealerships, and not owned by the same person, so real competition could exist.  We in the Westsound could benefit with one in Poulsbo, making it a central location.

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - November/29/10 at 12:27pm
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:19pm
Yea, not to mention that there are hundreds of MINIs up this way. I see them all the time. And we have to go to Seattle for service. Even just putting a service center up here would be a big help to MINI owners. And I'm sure the B.C. people would trek down here as everything is cheaper here than in Canada.

Carole
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:25pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvUcVJCobU&playnext_from=QL&feature=bf_play&playnext=1

the movie insert does not seem to be working right.

Here now that I got them in the right place.

This one too

Edited by johnf36 - November/30/10 at 1:22am
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:44pm

I'm doing a drop off @ my business & I think some other people were acting as drop off points. Don't know of anything up your way Carole!

Talked to Seattle Mini & they don't have a single donation yet! YIKES!!!

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvUcVJCobU&playnext_from=QL&feature=bf_play&playnext=1

the movie insert does not seem to be working right.

No kidding!  Sponge Bob Square Pants was not what I was expectingPinch.

S.

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 12:53pm
I am taking in what I could get on Saturday since I sign the paperwork on the new Mini that day.  Joining the small convoy to Redmond Town Square will happen.
S.

CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 1:41pm
I have a private stash that I'll be bringing with me on the event day. It's just my own donations though... it won't feed an army... 
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

I'm doing a drop off @ my business & I think some other people were acting as drop off points. Don't know of anything up your way Carole!

Talked to Seattle Mini & they don't have a single donation yet! YIKES!!!

Cheers!

Do you mean to tell me that with all the employees at Seattle MINI, they don't have one donation? I'm on social security and I've been buying a few extra things each week. I'm sure they could all chip in for a donation or bring a few cans of veggies or fruits to work.

Carole
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 5:17pm
I'am a disabled veteran, for the last 44 years, now on Social Security and retired and still managed to put food away for the cause.

S.

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 6:29pm
Instead of Mighty Mouse, how about GIANT KILLERS - take away the moniker Porsche is so proud of!

I was just at NW Mini, and they have a pile of food they think is going to NW Harvest.  I will talk with Eddie Bang (sales manager) tomorrow and see if they can join us.

So - am I going to get my butt kicked if I invite some members of that southern club?

Pat
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 6:41pm
Pat:

Good tactics!  We used to capture VC Rice stashes before the VC could use it...Big smile

Giant Killers?  Cartoon character???

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - November/29/10 at 6:42pm
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 7:10pm

Carole, I'm not defending anyone, but I think they understood that this event went till the end of Dec., how I just don't know. Flyer's are there with the Dec. 4th. date.

Pat, it would be great to have the south enders join us. Don't know the "history" of this whole thing but this is not the "TIME OR PLACE" to have differences.

NW Harvest is a charity that does work year round & they don't need "politics" they need to reach their goal for food donations.

Smog 1--I like your style!!!!

Cheers!

SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 7:17pm
I totally agree, politics should be put aside since it does nothing but create problems.

Thanks Boomer!

S.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/10 at 8:17pm
Pat I don't see why it would be a problem, these is about NW Harvest and Mini's not politics. Plus we need to sick Brenda on NW Mini. For those that don't know we are posted nationally on this.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply