Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Dealer Discussions > Dealer Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loaner car with 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loaner car with 15
    Posted: April/06/11 at 6:57pm
Hi, 

Ok, I wont rant about my MINI being in the shop yet again...  I want to but I won't.  

Seattle MINI was kind enough to give me a loaner, it has cute stickers on the side of the car.  I understand the "www.seattlemini.com" sticker but what is up with the number 15?  I can post pictures if needed but maybe someone knows the significances of 15?

Is it like the 12th man?  Is the Countryman 15 inches longer than the MINI?  15 loaner cars?  Number of times I've been in the the dealer to fix something - ok, cheap shot...   (Folks at Seattle MINI are really nice) 

Jasper

PS:  If you see a MINI with the number 15 on the side driving funny with the top down...  Don't judge...  Its a convertible car, I don't care if its freakishly cold, top down just because.

Edited by Jasper - April/06/11 at 7:01pm
07 JCW Dark Grey with black top
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORNERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/11 at 7:14pm
Sounds like you might have got the same loaner car Jason had. Red Justacooper convertible? 

PS - My car has a "01" on the door and it doesn't mean anything. I almost picked at random. 

Edited by CORNERS - April/06/11 at 7:14pm
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/11 at 7:17pm
The Loaner I got from S Mini might have had a different numberErmm, but since the Key Fob said "S" and it was not, and the paperwork said Cabriolet and it was a Clubman I was just happy to have a Loaner!  So far Seattle Mini has been pretty fair about things.

Right now I am in the middle of a "Fix" that was not their mistake and they seem to be going out of their way to help.

Stephen

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Jasper View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/11 at 7:36pm
The loaner I have is navy blue. 

"Right now I am in the middle of a "Fix" that was not their mistake and they seem to be going out of their way to help."

I agree everyone at Seattle MINI and NW MINI are on top of their game - maybe they have good CRM software...  

But my ego is a little bruised because I know why they remember me, I can't imagine every MINI owner has been in for the same exact issues I've been in for....  Twice for the cold start issue, once for the fuel pump problem - I lost power in the middle of a busy street...  

Don't get me started about the sun screen problem.  Any issue you can think of on NAM or psmini.org I feel I've had it with this car.  And no, I'm not the type of person to scream lemon, I really want to love this car...

But back to the original question, what does 15 mean?  

Jasper 

onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/11 at 8:31pm
Don't know about the 15 - I think it is just a number.  When Jo had her car in for a new tranny, she got a black cab with 26 on one side and 29 on the other.  Double the puzzlement.  What is 26?  How about 29?  What is the significance of one or the other.  Is there another car out there with 26 and 29?  How about 29/26?  Is the other car black also?  Red?

Hmmm.  Too much.  Time for a glass of wine.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
Jasper View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/11 at 9:16pm
I understand the 29/26, maybe they inverted the 6 and it was suppose to be a 9... 
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/11 at 8:58am
I am getting a loaner next week so we will see what number I get!  Maybe a lottery to win the matching number????Wink

S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/11 at 6:55am
Update on Loaner Numbers.  The numbers represent the number of the "Loaner" in Seattle Mini's inventory.  Today I am driving a nice"Loaner", number 27, which is a 2011 Cabriolet!

I must say Seattle Mini is doing a great job so far!

S.

Sanderskog View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanderskog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/11 at 5:06pm
Loaner 15 here.  Although it's a blue S convertible automatic.  Fun little car but by no mean a replacement for my JCW manual.

Todd
2012 VW Golf Pirate Edition... Aarrr! - JACK

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you. – Jeremy Clarkson
LIVESTRONG
Pawsome View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawsome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/11 at 5:34pm
I saw you at Seattle MINI today Todd. After a couple of attempts to make eye contact, I gave up. Not that I am a social animal :P My loaner was 26.
rockystone View Drop Down
PSMINI Sponsor
PSMINI Sponsor
Seattle MINI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockystone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/11 at 2:59pm
Yes you are correct.  The number on the side of the cars represents the number in the loaner fleet rotation.  We have been switching out the loaner fleet every year, so anyone in for service will most likly get a 2012 MINI to tool around in.  I also put some Countryman S' in the fleet, just to mix it up.

Post Reply Post Reply