Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Charity Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMINI Porsche Challenge email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MINI Porsche Challenge email
    Posted: October/24/12 at 2:20pm
Please take a look at this email and if so inclinded, copy and send it to everyone and anyone in your email address book that you are comfortable asking to participate or donate ON BEHALF OF MINI. We need to get people excited about this event.
Trust me, it's very worth participating! Hope we get this out to every MINI owner in the Pacific Northwest. (OK, Porsche owners too).  So here you go:
Hello people. Yes it’s that time of year again when these two clubs are reaching out on behalf of NW Harvest to help our community fight HUNGER! For those of you that don’t know NW Harvest here’s a link to give you an idea of the incredible work they do year round.

King 5 news does HOME TEAM HARVEST a food drive event for NW Harvest. The MINI and Porsche Clubs, under the veil of intense competition, support this effort to bring food and cash donations to aid NW Harvest in meeting their goals on feeding our community.

For those that aren’t familiar with this MINI/Porsche Challenge: This started because of an article written in Spiel by Larry Nelson. Long story short, we are into our third year and we hope it will be better than previous years. Some of you may know I no longer pilot a MINI, but Richard Stone of Seattle MINI has agreed to let me use one of their loaner cars for this challenge so I can fill it up and battle those high powered pieces of artwork commonly referred to as PORSCHE.

Many of you don’t drive a MINI or a Porsche but that really doesn’t matter. My reason for contacting you is to get your support and donations even if you don’t have one of these great rides. However, if you are lucky enough to pilot one of these great cars, please participate with your car filled with food and if possible, supplemented with a check made out to NW Harvest. Now, if you don’t own a MINI or a Porsche here’s my request:

The MINI Club has about 200 members. The Porsche Club has almost 2,000 members. I’d say MINI is starting off with a slight disadvantage. Well that hasn’t been the case when the donations are tallied up after all is said and done. MINI has held more than their own weight and thanks to the support of people like you that have helped NW Harvest, we managed to stay very competitive. Now, remember------------the real winner is NW Harvest-------------------but if you are inclined to contribute------------------DO IT THROUGH THE MINI CLUB!!!!!!!!!

Here’s a link to PS MINI that gives more information about the event. http://www.psmini.org/forum/mini-porsche-challenge-iii_topic9578.html Watch for more information to be posted here and on Facebook.

The DAY IS DEC. 1, 2012. MEETING PLACE WILL BE OVERLAKE CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Time to be confirmed but probably at NOON! Then we will motor over to Redmond Town Center for the drop off and find out how we did.

One more request: Please forward this to your friends, neighbors, MINI and PORSCHE buddies. We need all the help we can get to make this event huge.

If you can’t make the event but want to contribute, just shoot me an email. I’d be more than happy to accept your donations.

Don’t forget, your employers may match monetary contributions so check and make note of this when donating.

Cheers!

07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
 Post Reply Post Reply