Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Event Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGreat time at Stonehenge -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CINIMIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great time at Stonehenge -
    Posted: July/22/12 at 4:09pm
Just home after a great weekend with the people who make PSMINI such a great club to be part of.  Thanks to Bruce and Stacie it was a totally successfull drive down - supoer dinner get together - and a couple of fun blasts up and down the Loops Road.  Condolences to anyone who missed it! 
Also - I seem to have misplaced a light green "Tully" hat (full brim style) in case anyone might have found it...

(Had highway 97 all to ourselves all the way to Yakima - but I-90 and I-405 were bumper to bumper the rest of the way...)

Edited by CINIMIN - July/22/12 at 4:44pm
Jack -

<font color=RED>CINIMIN [/COLOR]

2006 CR/W MCS - 6spd - LSD -15% Pulley - Dinan CAI
ASA JH6's Koni FSD's 22mm Bar
Have you hugged a curve today?

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/12 at 7:13pm
Well thats about as good as I can do for weather Jack, LOLOLOL , let's get those pic's and video's rolling .

John
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Therapy View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/12 at 8:03pm
We made it home safe. Thanks everyone for making it a fun event and it was very nice to meet and make some new friends.
2005 MINI R53, WMW 15%, M7 Sport Springs, M7 Tower Brace, Hotchkis Camber Plates, Powerflex controlarm bushings/engine mounts, Koni Yellows, Alta Rear CA's, ALTA 19mm RearSway.
"I am my own warranty."
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/12 at 7:37am
Awesome event and group of people as always. 4th time and it's still a blast every year. Great seeing old friends and meeting so many new folks. Was fun seeing such a mix of cars this year as the MINI line-up has grown. Had a great return trip between Carson, WA and Randle, WA with Bruce & Stacie and Joann and Rob. About 50 miles of non-stop twisties traveling through the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Thanks again for a great weekend!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
BLUEDIA View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BLUEDIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/12 at 8:03am
    Thank you Stacie & Bruce, we had a great time, it was awesome seeing all our or mini's on the road together. Mary hill road was a blast. We saw many mini's on the way home and waved at all of the them. Can't wait for next year's event. see you at the next event.
Dona & Brad
BLUEDIAMOND, BAGETTE & MINI Me 2016 Cooper S Roadster, R59
WOODSTOCK View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past President)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODSTOCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/12 at 11:00am
What a great weekend!  Glad some of you found creative and fun ways to come home as well!  We had a wonderful time and it was great to meet so many new members.  I hope this will be the first of many times we'll see you.  A huge thanks to Bruce and Stacie for all their hard work and to John for running the poker run.  We have so many great people in this club!
Here's a few photos.  I'm sure many of you may have better ones, so let's see them!
All lined up and ready to go:
Getting ready with last minute instructions:

Green River route:
First Stop:
On over White Pass:
Our visit to Miner's for Lunch and a new card:
The 'dry' side:
Stonehenge:
Is Bruce actually standing on Jason's head for this?  We have such multi-talented people!
Dinner & awards at Ayutla's:
Maryhill Loops Road:
At the top:

Thanks again and Happy Motoring! 

WOODSTOCK: Linda's 2005 LY MCSC with feel good graphics and go fast mods.
CINIMIN: Jack's 2006 Chili Red/White Coupe
KEMO-SABE: Our 2011 Bright White/Blk All4 Countryman
oxygenated View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxygenated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/12 at 8:24pm

2009 Mini Cooper hatchback / Oxygen Blue - White roof
oxygenated View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxygenated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/12 at 8:26pm
I had a really great time, and intend to do it again next year.  I had an awesome drive down the gorge on WA14 combined with a stop at Powell's Books in Portland.  I ended up averaging over 39 mpg on the trip overall.
2009 Mini Cooper hatchback / Oxygen Blue - White roof
leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/12 at 8:59pm
First long distance run with the club (first event was the Twists & Turns Rally). Besides the fun factor, one of the reasons for getting a MINI was to explore Washington and have an excuse to take road trips. This trip certainly fit the bill...my wife and I had a blast. 

The back roads trip through Greenwater, thru/over the pass and to Yakima was in a word...majestic. The scenery coupled with the rolling caravan of 30 MINIs cruising down the highway was quite the experience. We also had a great time at dinner, meeting fellow members & MINI enthusiasts.

Sundays running of the Maryhill Loops road was also a blast. I don't fancy myself as much of a race car driver but I can certainly see the appeal. Pushing my Countryman and seeing others (allbeit more modified MINIs) doing the same was great. Thanks to Michael for the ride in the convertible roadster.

Thanks to everyone whom we met for their graciousness. Special thanks to Bruce & Stacie for all they did to make the weekend run smoothly, allowing us to cruise and enjoy the ride. Thumbs Up

Here are some pics a video we took...not too many to share as we were busy taking in all the moments the weekend brought our way. 

Leo & Erin

Edited by leogetz - July/23/12 at 9:05pm
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
ipeverywhere View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 11:40am
Originally posted by leogetz leogetz wrote:

MINIs) doing the same was great. Thanks to Michael for the ride in the convertible roadster.

*cough* That was Ryan *cough* No worries though and glad to do it! It's an experience and I enjoyed sharing it.
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 11:53am
Here's a short story:
Went to Maryhill WA with some other MINI enthusiasts, took an excellent route, caught up with some excellent friends, met some new excellent friends, experienced a replica of Stonehenge, had some good food, left some rubber on Maryhill Loops Road, was yelled at (with expletive) by my navigator, capped the weekend off by visiting a couple wineries, got home, and slept like the dead.

That's pretty much a perfect weekend in my book. Excellent route Stacie and Bruce and much appreciated the chance to run the Loop Road. I think that was the turning point in my decision towards wanting a Roadster. Just all around goofy smiles and thumbs up for your work on putting this together. I look forward to next years gathering! and thanks to PSMINI for supporting this run. It was all around excellent.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 12:00pm
Ryan where did you get the cabrio?

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

Ryan where did you get the cabrio?

At the '11 Christmas Party (see, it pays to show-up at these things) I won a "'vert for a weekend" from Seattle MINI. Since I have no intention of purchasing a 'vert, Seattle MINI very graciously let me borrow their Roadster, which I do have interest in purchasing. So, I did the run in a 2012 Roadster S manual. I'll be doing a full write-up on my impressions in the next day or two.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 12:18pm
The green one? and from your comments you have made up your mind , I take it?

PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by johnf36 johnf36 wrote:

The green one? and from your comments you have made up your mind , I take it?

White Silver with the MINI Yours Soda stripes/mirror caps. The BRG is sharp looking though! I believe a few PS MINI folks have had the White Silver one out and about. It had about 2500 miles on it when I got it. Mind made up? You'll have to wait for the full report.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 12:31pm
Okay I know which one, so are you doing your own build.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnf36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 12:56pm
So now that I got us  

Someone must have video

leogetz View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leogetz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 1:11pm

*cough* That was Ryan *cough* No worries though and glad to do it! It's an experience and I enjoyed sharing it.
[/QUOTE]

SO sorry Ryan...but again, thanks for a bit of white knuckle thrill
GREYSEN - '12 Countryman S All4 - Royal Grey w/ Black Roof, Stripes and Trim (no chrome) - Premium, Cold Weather & Sport Pkgs - NM Eng RSe14 Wheels - JCW Exhaust - LED Fog Lights
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/12 at 10:36pm
So Larry and I also had so much fun on the drive, at dinner and running the Loops Road. Bruce and Stacey, you do it again! We're still out having fun on Highway 12!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
garumph View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/12 at 1:08am
Sorry to miss it this year. But on the loops road, if you are not getting yelled at by your navigator ( with explicatives ) you aren't doing it right. ;-)
Gordon
Clifford, '14 Countryman All4 S
Hunka Burning Love, '12 Coupe S, Burnt Orange
Flames, '05 MC Black
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipeverywhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/12 at 8:41am
Originally posted by garumph garumph wrote:

Sorry to miss it this year. But on the loops road, if you are not getting yelled at by your navigator ( with explicatives ) you aren't doing it right. ;-)

I know, right! I told her that but she still refused to go again. Crazy!
TWIZZLR View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert
PSMINI Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWIZZLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/12 at 2:04pm
Sounds like a great time 

We plan on joining next year.

Karin
Karin & Karen

11 JCW Midnight Blk Roof Caps All pkgs, Aero
HammyGirl View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/12 at 4:11pm
This was also my first long drive with the club.  It was a lot of fun!  I enjoyed meeting other happy mini drivers too.  We took 14 home and that was a nice drive. 

Thanks to Bruce and Stacie for organizing this fun weekend.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/12 at 5:58am
We are still trying to get home!  We leave SoCal tomorrow and head back into the land of trees and nice MINI drivers :-)

Stonehenge was fun and we will do it again next year, and this time do the Maryhills loops road!

S&L

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
valvashon View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valvashon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/12 at 10:13am
Thanks to everybody who came out and joined us this year.  It was so great to look in the rear view and see all those MINIs!  We've received many favorable comments about the new route, so we'll probably do it again next year.  Special thanks to John and Jason for putting together the Poker Run, to Linda for gathering prizes and to Ryan for being our radio relay and assistant cat herder.  Thanks also to Martin and Anne for leading us and Rob and Joann home via Highway 14 and associated Forest Service roads.  Now those were some twisties (with oncoming motorcycles)!  I would especially like to thank Jason for letting me take SuperCoop up the Loops Road once - I totally understand now why everybody loves the Superchargers!

Here's the shot we never were able to get:

And here's a slideshow of some of our photos.  Enjoy them!

Bruce, Stacie and Elliott

Edited by valvashon - July/29/12 at 10:32am
...Now mom may drive to the grocery store, But that's not what this car is really for...
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catlvr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/12 at 11:37am
Nicei pictures, Bruce!
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
Hapa Haole View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Events Officer)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hapa Haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/12 at 12:02pm
I really feel bad for not posting what a great time we had last weekend. It was a bummer we had to jet off to a wedding at 10am on Sunday, but all was fun. Bruce and Stacie did a wonderful job leading the pack of MINIs as usual. Way to go!  Clap

As I posted elsewhere in the forum:

Unfortunately, I had three funerals to attend this weekend. The first funeral of the day was a firefighter that I had the privilege to be an apprentice under during my first year as a probationary FF. He recently died of cancer last Saturday. http://www.iaff2024.org/memorial.cfm?action=detail&id=2 and a link to Facebook photos of my fellow brother firefighter John Moncrief: Facebook photos

Also, I'll probably be attending a fourth funeral next weekend. Remember that wedding I had to scoot off to last Sunday when at Maryhill Loops Rd? It was my nephew's wedding. During the reception, I met my niece's newly announced fiance "Dave". It turns out he was the missing scuba diver off Bainbridge Island on Tuesday! Here's the news link to that info: Missing scuba diver recovered

All these tragedies the past few months have been a bit depressing to say the least. Unhappy 

My apologies for the delay in getting the Stonehenge photos up. I hope you can understand why I haven't made the time to even get them off my camera yet. I hope to soon.
Brenda w/LUV2MTR plates- Aug '06 S, Hyper Blue, white top/sport stripes, chrome in/out, all pkgs, English leather, chrono pack, HK stereo, Jan tune, CAI, 15%, H&R coilovers, rear sway bar, control arm
Ministry of Magic View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ministry of Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/12 at 9:41am
Hapa Haole - I am so sorry to hear of your many losses.

MINI COOPER - Official Transport of the Ministry of Magic
Ministry of Magic View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ministry of Magic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/12 at 9:47am
I too am sorry I had to scoot off so early Sunday morning, but had to get back to Seattle to attend a festival and prep for a job interview early Monday morning.
Thanks all for making it such a great drive!
MINI COOPER - Official Transport of the Ministry of Magic
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/12 at 9:47am
One thing to keep in mind is that nobody gets out of this life alive and the the fun you have in the meantime is what counts!  Another old person (like Lee and Me) were discussing how the old movie stars can be categorized by "HD & SD", he's dead and she's dead.

Be of good cheer and have fun in your many endeavorsSmile
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>