Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Charity Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPorsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge - Event Date: December/04/10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/10 at 2:35pm
John, not sure how they will measure it but it should be fun! Now I wish I would have taken your donation this past weekend.

Forgot to ask forum members that also Tweat, use Facebook, My Space or whatever social network to spread the word to their friends using this media.

Really hope we can crush Porsche's donations!!!!!

Email your friend & get them to help us raise donations.

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/10 at 3:25pm
Here's the link from the PCA's website regarding the food drive:

No mention yet of the "Challenge".

Cheers!
07 MCS, JIC Cross C/O, JCW BBK, Milltek exhaust, RR DP, Helix I/C, RMW tune (208.5 WHP & 238.3 WTQ)Ray's (17 lbs) and Nitto NT01 for track duty
CORNERS View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/10 at 5:19pm
This page gives a clue of how to convert weight and money - so we should be able to easily measure our vastly superior performance compared to those [insert stinging but friendly insult here]s over at the Porsche and BMW clubs: 

In a nutshell: 
One meal = 1.3 lb. or 22 cents. 

Therefore: 

1.0 lb.=$0.17
$1.00=5.88 lb. 

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/10 at 5:56pm
I checked over here and it is basically 1 equals 5 lbs
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/10 at 7:24pm
Very true but they did it here that way to try and get people involved instead of just writing a check, plus with cash you still have to send someone to go get the food with the money to fill the food bank

Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/10 at 7:56am
So for those of you who need to catch up or haven't heard all of the details, here is the plan. The Porsche Club has accepted our challenge to see which club can raise the most in donations and goods for Northwest Harvest by December 4th. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fill the boot of your MINI with all of the food donations (or cash donations) you can and bring them to Seattle MINI on December 4th (you can also leave items at the Seattle MINI collection point anytime prior to December 4th).

Mission Details:
Depart Seattle MINI @ 12:00PM with donations collected at Seattle MINI and convoy over to Marymoor Park to hook up with the Porsche crowen and talk some smack
Depart Marymoor and arrive at Redmond Town Center at 1:30 PM to drop off our donations at the Northwest Harvest collection point

This is a win-win for everyone and will be alot of fun. Also it will give MINI a chance to show our Porsche friends that we may be little, but we are mighty!

More info on Northwest Harvest/KING5 Food Drive:
Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food and/or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). Northwest Harvest can buy white rice and beans in bulk so they ask that you donate other items. Here are some suggestions: oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables and fruits (especially with low sugar) canned fish and meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew and chili. They also need infant and baby foods - formula, powered and canned milk, infant cereal and jars of baby food. They will also accept baby diapers. For more information about the Food Drive

Edited by Wildfamily - November/16/10 at 7:34am
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Silver_Surfer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/10 at 8:33pm
LOL OFFICIAL GUARD BATTLE BADGE FOR THE CHALLENGE LOL

NOW PLAYING AT THE CINEMA
HAPPY NEW YEAR PSMINI http://vimeo.com/18338258
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 12:38pm
Sounds like an awesome time. I have to check the schedule and see if we can make this. There is also a NW Toy run on the same day taking place at Pacific Raceways that the 6 Speed crew is taking part in. Something like 900 cars showed up last year for that. It also supports the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program which I like to support (being a former Marine and all Wink)
-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Dave's not here View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 2:41pm

Silver Surfer - here's a weird idea.  Any chance you can make magnetic RAF roundels for our doors?  I'd buy a couple but only if it would be worth your time and effort.  Just an idea.

Dave

5 race wins, 2 in the rain. 2nd in ICSCC G Production Championship 2005 and 2006. Now I'm just gonna drive the MINI.
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 4:21pm
Or perhaps a vinyl decal for the side window - tape backing like the numbers we get at the track.  Anybody have an "in" with a sign shop?
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 5:18pm
and .50 cal machine guns in the bonnet?! Evil Smile
'80 Mini English White
Hot Shot View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by onramp onramp wrote:

Or perhaps a vinyl decal for the side window - tape backing like the numbers we get at the track.  Anybody have an "in" with a sign shop?

I do. Streamline Digital Imaging is owned by a friend of mine. They are the ones that did the Actual Size stickers on a bunch of our cars. Tell Veronica James referred you.

http://www.streamline-llc.net/

-James
www.jboyerphotography.com

ACTUAL SIZE Sticker GB
<
Smilingirishlass View Drop Down
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Moderator
PSMINI Secretary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 5:32pm
I just posted a message to my FB page that friends and family can bring food to me and I'll transport to Seattle Mini.
I am in the Renton Highlands area if anyone wants to share or caravan down on the big day.  I know there are other mini owners around here.
Maureen
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 5:34pm
Bwhaaaahaa! Sounds like the Porsche club is feeling the heat and wanting to prove themselves better than our MINIs. Not sure what they mean by beating Britian again though. LOL! Check out what they have to say in the link...

Edited by Wildfamily - November/11/10 at 5:35pm
'80 Mini English White
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 7:11pm

Magnetic RAF roundels not a problem but the size will be 3" and will look better either on the back or just under the front side air scoop(?).

A door one would have to be much bigger to look good. I haven't upgraded my equipment to that level yet...Big smile.

I’m thinking  BOB Spitfire and Hurricane had .303” Brownings and not 50cal but I’ll take a 50cals.

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 7:21pm
Hey I for see an issue here , you guys are going to need to make room for the Army airwing, lolololol

Your going to need bomber support

Edited by johnf36 - November/11/10 at 7:39pm

MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 7:39pm

LOLGUARD RESPONDS TO NW CHALLENGE WITH A HUNGRY BITELOL

VALLEY FORGE HQ, Washington --- Deployment orders were issued today to the vigilant and loyal Guard members to take part and lead, when needed, in Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club’s (PSMINI) NW Harvest Challenge against Pacific Northwest Region Porsche Club.

This will be the first year for the elite PSMINI club to participate in a food/money drive challenge with club Porsche and 10th year that KING 5 Home Team Harvest has hosted the food/money drive. This year’s goal for the showcase drive is to reach “10 million meals in 10 years”, which is currently 2.7 million meals short.

“We enjoy a good challenge and we need to come  together to support this community outreach event to the fullest extent possible, especially during these hard economic times,” said Admiral Cho Cho, Imperial Guard MINI Cooper Open-Top Wing Commander and MINI Food Marshall (MFM).  “We need to do our part for the community, lead Porsche by example and remember that what we do in life echoes in eternity like a MINI turbo.

Northwest harvest will accept any nonperishable food and monetary donations. Food donations should be shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour).

Suggested food donations include: oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables and fruits (especially with low sugar) canned fish and meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew and chili. In addition, infant and baby foods - formula, powered and canned milk, infant cereal, jars of baby food and baby diapers will be accepted.

Monetary donations are also accepted.   NW Harvest can feed a family of three a nutritious meal for 67 cents. Checks should be made out to NW Harvest or donations dropped off at NW Harvest money collection boxes.

“Join the challenge and bring all your donations to Seattle MINI, located at 11550 Lake City Way NE,” said Tombo, Imperial Guard MINI Cooper Open-Top Tail Gunner and Chief Purser. “We’re planning on motoring over to Redmond Town Center together to drop off our donations at NW Harvest collection point December 4th after we hook up with Club Porsche at Marymoor Park. We will depart Seattle MINI about noon so bring your donations and join us!”

Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club is the leading MINI motoring club of Washington State with over 200 members. The Guard are the furry-faced, tail- waving, eye of providence members of the Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club.

For membership to the Imperial Guard Contact Cho Cho, Her Majesty’s MINI Imperial Guard Commissioning Officer and Directorate of MINI Intelligence, sections 007//011 (MI7/MI11).

johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 7:48pm
Nice Ed

Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/10 at 11:44pm
I was thinking that if those who are coming to the Bellingham meet on Saturday want to donate, they could bring their donations, and perhaps one or two of you from the Seattle area could drop them off for us.
I'm also going to post this under the Event posting.

Carole
papermaster View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/10 at 6:23am
Love the theme, the flyer and all the great responses and efforts of this group.  Thought I would toss this information out onto the table and found that

Within the Royal Air Force there is a Number 2 Group and is referred to as the Air Combat Support Group, here's a direct link to information about said group. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._2_Group_RAF.  Thought it might be fun for anyone who might want to tag their Mini with their own call sign and Squadron designation.

I am going to approach management at my store to allow posting of all the Flyers, and setup of a collection bin to allow customers to participate if they so desire.  At the very least employees have already approached me with their desire to participate and I know we can fill-up at least my Mini.

Full throttle ahead folks, let's kick some butt.
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/10 at 7:16am
We have a Special MINI Operation GroupLOL

Thanks John, got the Guard up last night, they are getting fitted for uniforms today, and draft vid is being uploaded today. Going to get busy.

PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/10 at 7:24am
Carole,

I'll be attending the B'ham meet Saturday and would be glad to transport any donations down to Seattle MINI for the food drive collection. Thanks!
'80 Mini English White
Carole View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/10 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Carole,

I'll be attending the B'ham meet Saturday and would be glad to transport any donations down to Seattle MINI for the food drive collection. Thanks!

SUPER, thanks!

Carole
GR8SCOT View Drop Down
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Skilled Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 6:28am

Great Scot! I will be there in full battle array. Do we need to be led into the park by a bagpiper?! Now that would be an entrance! My brother is a bagpiper and is back in the Seattle area. If you want him to pipe us in, I'll find out if he is available.

2015 Blue/White MC with white bonnet stripes

Alison
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

and .50 cal machine guns in the bonnet?! Evil Smile

30cal Miniguns would be more appropriateWink.  Maybe a mortar in a Cabriolet?

S.

Edited by SMOG-1 - November/13/10 at 7:34am
I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 7:27am
GR8SCOT: Too Funny------------If we have a large enough group it would actually be VERY COOL!!!!!

Cheers!
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Silver_Surfer Silver_Surfer wrote:

We have a Special MINI Operation GroupLOL

Thanks John, got the Guard up last night, they are getting fitted for uniforms today, and draft vid is being uploaded today. Going to get busy.

We could add a #2 Tactical Bomb Group (Oxford) as part of the Special Mini Operations GroupIdea.
S.

I wish there was a local MINI Dealership, like our Honda, Subaru, Mazada and VW.
SMOG View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

GR8SCOT: Too Funny------------If we have a large enough group it would actually be VERY COOL!!!!!

Cheers!

I'll second that motion!

S.

Boomer View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer
PSMINI Nonmember

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 7:36am
Does anyone have access to a underground or covered parking garage? Top Secret Project needs this!
Cheers!
onramp View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/10 at 7:50am
The bagpiper would be EXCELLENT!  Maybe (if it isn't raining), he could be in an open cabrio so we don't hold up traffic in Redmond.

I'm thinking if this all comes together, we should alert King 5, and Barry at MC2 as well.
2006 Hyper Blue JCW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>