Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events > Events Archives > Get Togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRallye des Montagnes du Nord - Event Date: October/06/12 - October/07/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/12 at 7:30am
Glad to have you guys with us!
'15 F55 Cooper Volcanic Orange
'80 Mini English White
Vader View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/12 at 10:27am
I believe I have now responded to everyone regarding t-shirts and how to order them from Zazzle.com.  If I have missed you or you still are interested, please send me a PM ASAP!  I believe there is still time if you order express delivery!
Hit the Road Jack ...
'13 R56 PepperWhite-HIS
'13 R60 All4 Oxford Green - HERS
'80 Rover Mini MkVII-EngWh-OURS (really mine!)
('13 R56 IcedChoc-SONS)
LadyinRed View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/12 at 9:11pm
Hi all, unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation at the hotel and bow out of this event for a family obligation. I was really looking forward to it but at least it frees up a room if someone else wants it. I'll look forward to the next event! have fun and I'll look forward to the pictures also.
Life Is Good In A Mini

'06 Chili Red S
ppss View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/12 at 6:03pm
This will be our first rally with this club - joined last year and we had another friend join when he bought his new Mini - think he and friends are coming too. . . looking forward to it.
Penny and Scott
ppss View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/12 at 6:04pm
So since we are so new - how do we go about getting T-shirts - or are these for this rallye?
Penny and Scott
Wildfamily View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/12 at 8:36pm
These shirts were designed for this Rallye specifically. If you want to order PM me your email and I can send you the order link. I don't think we have any "club" shirts at the moment but you could inquire in the members only section.

Good to have you along!
'80 Mini English White
mverner View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/12 at 9:33pm
Hello! I'm a brand new member of the club. I just joined today. I've been meaning to join for quite some time now. I just heard about the Rallye des Montagnes du Nord, and I would love to join you all! I have booked my room at the Pateros Lakeshore Inn. I will be bringing two friends along on the trip. I look forward to meeting you all! This sounds like a lot of fun!
Thanks,
Mark
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/12 at 7:55am
Glad ot have you Mark. Keep an eye on this thread as I'll be posting the updated itinerary and additional details shortly.

Cheers,

Martin
'80 Mini English White
taligator View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/12 at 10:16pm
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/12 at 8:05am

The big Rallye weekend is just around the corner and I hope everyone is getting excited! The forecast looks great and it's going to be a great time. I'm firming up the itinerary and will post that shortly. I will also be sure to have copies of the route to hand out at the drivers meeting on Saturday morning. We drove the entire route on Sunday and it was beautiful. There was some smoke between Cashmere and Wenatchee, but other than that it was clear skies and beautiful the entire route. If you are coming and don't see your name on the list in the opening post of this thread please let me know so we can add you to the count. I would like to have a pretty good headcount for the various stops on our drive so I can give the wineries and restraunts a fair expectation of how many of us there are. With that in mind you will be recieving a Private Message sometime today asking for headcounts for the various stops along the way. We will be stopping at 3 wineries (2 Saturday, 1 Sunday) as well as a lunch stop at Country Boys BBQ in Cashmere (Saturday) and a group dinner at Los Cantaritos (Mexican) in Pateros Saturday evening. If you are not intersted in wine tasting have no fear as there are other things to do at each wine stop so you won't have to be twiddling your thumbs waiting for those that are tasting. Either way leave some room for a few bottles of good wine, fresh fruit from the fruit stands and bring your sunglasses because it's going to be alot of fun!

Cheers!

Edited by Wildfamily - October/02/12 at 8:07am
'80 Mini English White
jrmc40 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/12 at 1:51pm
Room is booked. Myself, My roomate John and his girlfriend Ashley will be joining. Can't wait! Where are we starting though!

2004 R53 MCS MC40 #689/1000 Full/intact MC40 Pkg. Craven 17%, aFe CAI, Borla s-type and more.
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/12 at 2:32pm
I'll post the itinerary shortly. Start is at the Fred Meyer in Monroe. 18805 State Route 2, Monroe WA (off of N. Kelsey Street entrance).
'80 Mini English White
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 9:31am
I'll be coming as well, but Saturday only.
I will have a passenger with me, who is also a MINI owner.  Not sure if she's in the forum.
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 10:15am
Good to have you along Erhan. Wow..this is getting to be a big group. Up to 24 MINIs now! Will you both be partaking in all of the Saturday tastings and meals?
'80 Mini English White
Erhan View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 11:54am
Yes we will take part in meals.  And she'll take part in tastings.
2011 R56 S
Wilwood BBK, Konig feather wheels & AD08 tires, Alta FMIC, NM dischrg pipe, BC Racing coilovers, Alta 22mm rear sway & endlinks, Hsport rear cont arms, TSW xbrace, JCW steering wheel
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 12:40pm
Hello hello!

So this maybe my last PSmini event. I was finally able to get back to work and it seems like I'll be moving to my base (ORD) very soon. We are not going to be able to attend both days but we'll be there for Saturdays run. Can't wait to see you all and to show the new NewItalianJob. 

Stefano&Cristina
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
taligator View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 1:07pm
Stefano, what a bummer to be leaving us! But, we'll have to make sure Sat. is worth it. We'll miss seeing you at the events. 

--Tracey
'16 F55 Moonwalk Gray / Black -- Pudge
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 1:32pm
Glad you can make it Stefano. Sorry you'll be moving on, but glad to hear you will be settling in with your job. See you Saturday.
'80 Mini English White
arkaytee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 1:40pm
I'm riding up with Erhan for Saturday only. Look forward to seeing everyone!
RADFORD HARRISON – ’11 Clubman S: wht silver + blk stripes ext; polar beige & brushed steel int; HK sound; NM Engineering strut brace; Hotchkiss sport sway bar; O.Z. wave wheels + Potenza RE-11A tires
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 1:52pm

Glad to have you along. Am I correct you are the pal included in Erhan's headcount?

'80 Mini English White
arkaytee View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/12 at 1:55pm
Yep, that's correct!
RADFORD HARRISON – ’11 Clubman S: wht silver + blk stripes ext; polar beige & brushed steel int; HK sound; NM Engineering strut brace; Hotchkiss sport sway bar; O.Z. wave wheels + Potenza RE-11A tires
italianjob View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/12 at 7:25am
Thanks guys!
Smile
(Italian Job) '03 MCS Indie Blue SOLD :'(

(Polpetta) 2008 MClubman S Sitting on Sparco Assetto Gara Wheels

2013 GP

"I killed the clown and took his car"
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/12 at 9:54am
We have a slight change in plans... We will only be doing the run on Saturday now.. :( Our dog watching responsibilities were extended through the weekend, so we need to be back on Saturday night. Looking forward to the run!
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/12 at 11:01am
Bummer. Will you be doing dinner in Pateros or bugging out before then?
'80 Mini English White
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/12 at 11:26am

Rallye des Montagnes du Nord 2012

Trip Prep & Notes

Start Point: Fred Meyer, 18805 SR2 Monroe, WA. We will meet up in the SE

Driver’s Meeting: 9:15AM

Departure Time: 9:30AM We will depart by taking a right onto N. Kelsey St followed by a left turn on to  SR2-E. Not all cars will be able to make the light but we will pull off at a safe point outside the city along SR2 to re-group so no rush to catch-up (we are on this road for a long bit).

Itinerary: Leader will distribute detailed Itinerary and route notes at the driver’s meeting.

• Day 1 (167 miles) – Monroe to Pateros
    • 11:00 – 12:00 Napeequa Vintners/Plain Hardware (18820 Beaver Valley Rd, Plain) – Napeequa Vintners is a small winery in Plain, WA. There is a $5.00 tasting fee (credited towards your wine purchase).

Feel free to also visit Plain Hardware just down the road. It’s more than just a “hardware” store and includes a barista bar, arts & crafts and clothing. There is also a mini-mart there as well if you need a snack.

• 12:35 - 1:45 Country Boys BBQ (400 Aplets Way, Cashmere) – Lunch stop for BBQ. It’s a small venue (only seats about 25 inside, but there is plenty of additional outdoor seating). There is a large parking lot across the street we can use. Due to the Oktoberfest events in Leavenworth they may be busy so please be patient and understanding if there are delays.  
    • 2:30 – 4:15ish – Tsillan Cellars (3875 Hwy 97A, Chelan) – This is a beautiful estate winery on the south shores of Lake Chelan. The “Fall Crush” will be in full swing here and at the various other Chelan wineries so enjoy the wine tasting, vineyard tours and other festivities at Tsillan and other local wineries.

Tsillan has a $5 tasting fee (generous pours) and to keep things simple we have pre-selected 5 wines by recommendation of the estate owner for our tasting. To keep things simple, I will collect the tasting fee from the group (exact change is appreciated!) and turn it over to the staff.

Also be sure to stop at Sunshine Farm Market (just up the street) for fresh pressed cider and fresh picked orchard fruit. I also recommend Tunnel Hill winery (next to Sunshine Farm Market) if you wish to visit another nice winery (Tuscan themed). Other than that you are on your own to visit downtown Chelan and vicinity on your way to our over-night stop in Pateros.
    • Overnight Stop – Lakeshore Inn (233 Lakeshore Dr, Pateros, WA, 98846) – The hotel has a restaurant on-site serving breakfast/lunch/dinner.
    • 6:30 - ?? – Los Cantaritos (180 Pateros Mall Blvd, Pateros) – I have arranged for us to have dinner here if you want to dine with the group. There is a full bar as well as indoor and outdoor dining space. This Mexican restaurant is just down the street and within walking distance from the hotel.

• Day 2 (187.6 miles) – Pateros to Arlington via Winthrop
    • Depart Pateros 9:00AM - Breakfast is on your own. Be sure you have a full tank of gas before we depart.
    • 10:00 – 12:45 Winthrop – This old west themed town in the Methow valley is a great place to poke around. We will drive through town (stay on SR2-E) and park at the west end of town in the large lot by the Red Barn & city park.

From here you are on your own to enjoy the town and grab a bite to eat. Don’t miss the great ice-cream at the Sweet Shop or get in a game of mini-golf. For those wanting to take part in the wine tasting at Lost River winery please have your tastes buds ready at 12:00 at the tasting room.

• 12:00 – 12:45 Lost River Winery (26 SR20, Winthrop) – This great little winery is located across the street and a little west from where we will be parking. There is no tasting fee and the wine is exceptional. We will be departing for the rest of the road-trip at 12:45.
    • 1:15 - 2:15 Washington Pass Overlook – Upon arrival let’s try to get a group shot of the cars with the mountain backdrop. We will try to park as a group in the lot which is located around the circular drive past the restrooms.

Take time to explore and take the short walk up to the overlook for gorgeous views of the valley below. Don’t forget to take a bathroom break as there are miles of twisties ahead!

• 3:00 – 3:20 Newhalem – Time for a quick stretch and bathroom break or pick up a few snacks in the general store before heading back out on the last leg of the drive.  If you have children with you (or are just a kid yourself), be sure to check out the steam engine!
    • 4:50 Arrive at junction of SR530 and I-5 N/S – You can head north or south from here to your home destination.  

What to bring

• Camera
  • Sunscreen
  • 2-way Radio (channel 7-21)
  • Full tank of gas to start both days
  • Sunglasses
  • Jacket (cool autumn evenings)
  • Window cleaner (lots of bugs in the evenings)
  • Exact change for tasting fees (to speed things up)
  • Fun attitude!
'80 Mini English White
catlvr2 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Ambassador (past Comm Officer)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/12 at 11:40am
Sounds awesome! Thanks for the hard work and planning. Can't wait!      
Leanne

2012 Hot Choc. S; "CATLVR" plates

Gone but not forgotten:
Bad Kitty 2010 hot choc. cabrio
2008 oxy. blue cooper
2005 chili red cooper
MiniCharley View Drop Down
PSMINI Member
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/12 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Wildfamily Wildfamily wrote:

Bummer. Will you be doing dinner in Pateros or bugging out before then?

I think we will have to bow out before dinner in order to get back in time for the dog.
Our family:
12 R60 All4 SB/Blk WILDBLUE
12 R59 JCW Roaster PB/RED APOLLO

04 IB/W MCS CHARLEY
12 All4 CB/Bk YONDER
12 CoupeS LB/Bk DBCOUPE
80 Mini Kensington Red STELLA
Oranos991 View Drop Down
MINI Motorer
MINI Motorer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/12 at 12:54pm
I was really hoping to go to this event, a great opportunity to meet the club and get to know everybody. But...the girlfriend and I have plans all 2 days of this weekend... I really look forward to meeting you guys and maybe even joining the family next time you schedule an event like this.. I will be keeping an eye out! Cry
shasti212 View Drop Down
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Admin
PSMINI Vice President

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/12 at 10:39pm
SO sad i cant make this. I stupidly volunteered to come in to work on a saturday :(
R.I.P.: "Zippy"-Hyper Blue Metallic/White 2005 R50."MINI-ME" plates. Side wing decals.

"Luna" - White Silver 2014 Roadster S. "RDSTER" plates.

"Aura" - Space Blue/Silver 2006 Cooper S.
johnf36 View Drop Down
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Expert Advisor
PSMINI Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/12 at 12:45am
Martin add a coat to everything we are dipping into the 30ts-40ts at night. I can't promise anything but we will see if we can make it to Country Boys to say Hi.

FYI: it is opening week for Leavenworth's Oktoberfest and you will be hitting it at keg tapping it will be packed. And watch for frost and ice in shaded corners. 
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>